Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2008 JD 550j calibration

Broadwayzack87 · 2023-11-13 12:43

I have a JD 550j that was pulling hard to right when you would push so mechanic changed the linkage in the pumps and nulled it so now it’s pushing straight and hard but I can’t get over 2.0. Only code I have now is F3A8 hope you guys can help me get a quick fix

Replies9
  1. #1mg23612023-11-14 05:13

    A machine serial number would help. F3A8 is a calibration code. Did you try to calibrate the transmission after repair? That needs to be done.

  2. #2Broadwayzack872023-11-14 10:01

    F3A8 F3C9 F3X1 is the codes in the computer and yes all pass besides getting up to speed

  3. #3Broadwayzack872023-11-14 10:54

    550JX128255

  4. #4mg23612023-11-15 05:02

    So the calibration passes without any codes in the monitor at completion? The display says PARK when done? F3A8 and F3C9 are for the front Pump PCP calibration values being too high or too low. Was the NULL adjusted correctly? Were gauges used? Did you clear the codes and run it to see what comes back? When you try to set the speed to 3.0, does the display show 3.0 and it just does not reach 3.0 speed, or does it not go past the 2.0 in the display? Has the default speed setting been changed? That can be checked in the RATE portion of the menu structure under the sub heading FSpd.

  5. #5Broadwayzack872023-11-16 11:16

    It doesn’t complete cause of the codes it want get up to speed to finish the high speed test. How do I clear the codes out I haven’t done that since putting the new linkage in. The speed won’t let you go over 2.0 at all. He checked pressures on pcp the right side is running 3500 rpm while left runs 2800rpm. But I would think if we put new parts that was worn and didn’t clear codes wouldn’t it think is still had old issues

  6. #6mg23612023-11-16 12:19

    What linkage did you replace? What pressure differential did he have? Where exactly did he check it? Until you complete a calibration, your issue will remain. After clearing the codes, try the calibration again. Do those same codes return? To clear the codes, scroll through the codes on the TCU until the word END is on the screen, then press and hold the select button until F300 is in the screen.

  7. #7Broadwayzack872023-11-16 19:59

    The data linkage I think it’s called.

  8. #8Broadwayzack872023-11-16 20:01

    He said the left motor was 700 less than the right like it was wanting to out run the left. And I will clear the codes and try to recalibrate. He checked the pressures on front pcp and rear pcp

  9. #9mg23612023-11-17 05:07

    Report back after CAL attempt. If it does not work, then: It is very important to know EXACTLY what pressure he checked. Stating he checked the PCP pressure is not helping. Do you have the procedure he used you can share. Also need to know what the specific pressures were.