Trying to calibrate the hydraulic propel on an 08 ct332 as the F,R,L,R are very jerky at high rpm. When I have the machine on blocks and both tracks in the air running the calibration, the left track spins slowly while the right side tracks fast and it displays a message that it’s calibrating. Is this correct or should they both be moving the same speed? How long does the calibration take? I kept the joystick forward for approximately a minute and it was still calibrating according to the display. I was able to calibrate the throttle with no issues.
Welcome to HEF Sean ! Please supply the machine's serial number. What specific point in the calibration were you in? If you were in the high speed it could take a while. If you hit two minutes, then I would suspect an issue. Did you scroll to codes to see what is in there? Post what you have, either stored or active. Do you have the printed instructions on how to calibrate?
Serial number is T0332TL161560. I was in the first step of the calibration. There were no active codes, but did have some stored. I will get the info today and report back. I’ll try the calibration again today and time it. Yes, I have the instructions from JD to calibrate it.
Definitely post the codes. In threshold? Are you familiar with entering the service menu? Press and hold the menu buton for 5 seconds until the words SERVICE MENU appear in the screen. Scroll to diagnostics, press select. Scroll to SPEEDS, press select. Can you read track speed? Track direction?
“Move FNR to Max Forward and Hold” is where I had it for close to 1 minute. The following stored codes, no active codes; EMU 70.02, EMU 522398.02, HCU 2392.05, EMU 1713.00, EMU 190.12, EMU 158.01, HCU 1595.02, EMU 2228.09, EMU 110.00. I will note that both finals have been replaced within the last 300 hours by the prior owner. Both tracks read speed and direction through the diagnostic, however, the right track reads reverse when going forward and forward when going in reverse. The left track reads as it should.
This is a problem. I bet the CW and CCW sensing wires are backwards in the connector. Check your messages.
Will check it out, although I’m unsure how they would be pinned incorrectly? Maybe someone assembled on a Friday lol
Posting an update. All the wiring checked out. Figured I’d flip the speed sensor 180 degrees thinking it didn’t matter and that was the culprit. Calibration successful and the sensors reading direction as they should. Thanks!