Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2009 JD 650J not moving in forward or reverse

Seans problems ยท 2021-01-20 17:06

Hi everyone, I have a 2009 JD 650J LGP that wont move in forward or reverse. To get it on a trailer I pulled the pump motors, while they were visible I tried forward and reverse and they were not spinning at all. I have a light flashing on the gauge cluster (wrench crossing over a manual) but do not know where to pull codes from. The blade still functions properly. Has anybody ran into this? I haven't had much experience on these. Thanks for any help you might throw my way.

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612021-01-21 04:42

    Please supply a serial number. Do the hydraulics work?

  2. #2Seans problems2021-01-21 09:41

    I'll get better about putting this stuff in first. sorry. Also I did figure out how to retrieve the codes. F3d5,F3c5,F3k3,F321,F324,F3h4 are showing. charge pressure is at 336 +/- 2 psi T0650JX117505 The blade functions work correctly. I saw a thread last night that shows the breakdown for the code so I will be doing that later this morning.

  3. #3mg23612021-01-21 12:12

    Based on your codes look at the harness real close, especially near the TCU. Look for rodent damage. Did you access the codes through the Transmission Controller? If so use the menu structure to locate battery voltage. With the engine running what voltage does the TCU show as compared to what you measure at the battery or alternator output.

  4. #4Seans problems2021-01-21 13:03

    14.2 at the alternator, tcu unit and dash screen.

  5. #5mg23612021-01-22 04:52

    Did you inspect the harness? The C5, D5 and H4 codes point to an open circuit or high resistance. Another area of the harness that is an issue is where the harness runs down from the TCU and passes under the cab. When the cab mounts wear the cab sits lower and pinches the harness often creating wire damage from the cab vibrations. F321 - charging circuit battery voltage below 9 volts F324 - charging circuit battery voltage above 16.5 volts F3C5 - The pump pressure control pilot (PCP) front is limited to reverse direction and current draw is too low in forward direction F3D5 - The pump pressure control pilot (PCP) front is limited to forward direction and current draw is too low in reverse direction F3H4 - An open in the neutral start switch circuit F3K3 - A problem with the motor shift solenoid right side Clear the codes and see what comes back. To clear the codes (using the TCU buttons) scroll through the codes until the word "END" appears in the window, then press and hold select until "F300" appears. Then try to drive the unit and post what comes back.

  6. #6Seans problems2021-01-22 09:23

    Thank you, I followed the harness and didn't see any frays or rodent damage. I will say that cover over the tcu doesn't keep water out, I'm going to cut a rubber gasket and try to seal it up better. I cleaned where it sits and disconnected the batteries and brought it inside to hopefully dry out a bit. Going to hook it back up and try resetting the codes and like you said and go from there. Thanks again.

  7. #7Seans problems2021-01-23 12:31

    So I was able to reset the codes and the drive motors will spin now. Unfortunately I broke a bolt off re-installing the motors, so I don't know if it is back to good or not. I do appreciate your help/knowledge on this. I will let you know when it is back up and running right. Again, thank you.

  8. #8Seans problems2021-02-03 18:36

    MG2361, Thanks for all the help on this. The codes alone were enough but everything else was just generous. Got the motors put back in, found a couple wires that were chaffed after. Had the pape guy out to calibrate it and it is scooting around like it wants to do work now. Thank you very much.