Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2009 Whitlog log trailer, hub to hub difference in measurement

Hallback · 2018-05-04 22:28

2009 Whit log log trailer measurements on the driver side Hub to HUB is 1 inch shorter than the Hub to HUB measurement on the passenger side. This is a standard 2 axle trailer. I noticed the leaf spring on the driver side has been replaced and was curious if there are different length leaf springs for these?

Replies8
  1. #1Truck Shop2018-05-07 07:30

    Post a pic of the suspension Truck Shop

  2. #2Hallback2018-05-07 09:10

    I will try and get a photo of it today, driver has it out hauling. I measured from the rear of the trunion to the fore edge of the spring clamp plate (at trailer mounting end of spring) and there is 3/4" difference between L&R sides with drivers (new spring side) being shorter.

  3. #3Wytruckwrench2018-05-07 09:27

    I have run into,that. There’s different length springs. Also if it has the enclosed spring ends, with rubber bushings, I remember something being wrong in there.

  4. #4Hallback2018-05-07 11:14

    Here are a few photos.

  5. #5Hallback2018-05-07 11:25

    Distance from rear of trunion pad to front of spring clamp is 3/4" shorter than the factory spring.

  6. #6Wytruckwrench2018-05-07 13:57

    I have been there. I believe the replacement spring is longer, if I remember correctly. Pull the end caps off and check that they are in correctly first. I’m trying to remember what was different. It’s been a few years.

  7. #7Truck Shop2018-05-07 16:53

    Is the distance from trunion to front spring clamp on both axles the same? Truck Shop

  8. #8Truck Shop2018-05-07 21:03

    Not both axles just the front axle. Corrected that mess.