Does anyone know if I can add a fan reversal valve and if so where I could acquire the parts used .Unit not currently equipped with it but wiring appears to be there
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/83647/referrer/navigation/pgId/434625539 . The Reversing Fan Drive Valve Kit AT338073 is a whole goods kit and is no longer available but the individual parts should be no issues
yeah boss checked on it and said the same thing and also said they wanted something like 7 grand for all the pieces.thats why I was wondering if someone was scrapping out one that had it on there if they would be willing to sell.As it is now under the conditions its working under have to stop every couple hours to blow out radiator cause he says its getting hot.As far as the cooling system itself all components have been addressed.Next time im down there im going to take temp readings at upper and lower tanks.I understand a 15 degree split is good
Sorry, I missed the part about you were looking for used Yes I agree a 15 degree split is good. While you are there , check all the clamps on the fan pump suction hose , it likes to suck air.
David, call these guys in Jonesboro...they're about 3 hours north of San Antonio. They're in my neck of the woods and that's all he dismantles is John Deere construction equipment. I've used them several times before. They might have it.
Thanks to both responses,good info there.I have just started with working on excavators and actually don't wish to do a whole lot on them cause I'm to old to climb up and down on these beasts.Mainly just doing diag and then let the younger guy do the heavy lifting.They have been having overheat problems with this unit for awhile doing all the normal things like water pump,tstat, radiator, etc.i pulled the fan motor and found it was worn .Replaced it and it helped some,but under hard work it still gets up there.Then again from what I understand is 200 degree temps are normal.Operator says its hot.Will definately have boss to check on the Jonesboro place and check the suction hose and clamps. Thanks again