Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2010 cat 304C CR fuel injectors

jbernielh ยท 2016-11-27 22:33

so I had a bad electrical connector on my fuel solenoid valve and the engine wouldn't shut off with the key.. had to use the pull ring.. lived with it for a week and finally got a chance to fix it... the operators seat needs to be removed to access the solenoid valve.. so while I repaired that part, as well as my HVAC issue from the other post, I noticed one fuel injector had a bunch of rusty looking crud around the base of it.. the other 3 were clean.. I'm assuming it's either loose or the base gasket is bad.. I'm not sure which system these injectors use, tight, or gasket.. the engine runs flawless, has roughly 2300 hours and the injectors have never been out.. certainly not high time but I'm toying with the idea of just getting 4 new injectors and replacing all of them.. input anyone? Bernie

Replies1
  1. #1Cmark2016-11-28 00:25

    2300 hrs isn't much. A loose injector would have soot around it. If it has rust, it may be in a spot where rainwater drips on it. Try spraying it with soapy water whilst it's running and checking for bubbles. If it's not leaking and not giving any trouble, I'd leave it be.