Hello All, Appreciate any and all suggestions. I have a 2010 John deere 75D Excavator with 1800 Hours on it. All functions on the machine move extremely slow and have little or know power. The boom will not put enough down force to even begin to lift the machine off the ground. The bucket and stick are extremely weak as well. Travel is also lame. The machine will hardly move. Stalling the bucket while activating travel make a huge improvement in the travel speed and track power. I have also noticed that the auto idle does not respond. When put into auto idle mode the machine revs up to selected rpms and after a few second of machine sitting idle the engine slows to an idle as it should but will not rev back up when control is activated as though a pressure switch is not outputing a signal. When a control is activated the engine speed remains at an idle. As I said earlier would appreciate any help that is provided.
Also, the blade up and down seems to have good power. Any idea on what pilot pressure is supposed to be at on this tractor?
Start at fluid level if it appears fine and at the correct level proceed to the hydraulic filters. You may have to cut open the filter depending on the type of filter. your filter will tell you of any internal failure. If everything checks out check the main relief valve. Its a start I had run into the same problem but on a wacker nueson excavator my journeyman had left a rag in a cylinder he was resealing. It is acting the same way your describing your machine is. The blade on most machines is usually linkage controlled. The auto idle I believe idle up if the pump isnt stroking up. I could be wrong however on that on.
Sounds like you have something wrong with your pilot side. Im not familiar with J.D's but I know cats pilot pressure is usually around 600psi, and you can usually check it at your pilot filter. Cat's auto idle also works off a pressure switch on the control valve, when it senses pilot pressure it ramps engine up. When loss of pilot pressure input, after so many seconds it bumps engine down. I would check pilot pressure/ and cut pilot filter like 707 said. Just wondering if this machine is so new and so low on hours is there no warrenty?
Sounds like pump bearing is shot and now has sent shrapnel through out the system.