Hello! You guys have been very helpful to me over the last few years with my equipment. I was on here as fourtenfortune I had to sign back up with a new user name.. fine by me as 410customs is what I go by on all other platforms. I’m a ford Mechanic I build custom fords and hotrods. I am a homesteader with 23 acres off grid in north Idaho. Any ways I’m helping my buddy with his new to him excavator This is a really nice machine! It’s a 2010 kx080 with 2200 hours on it. It has an auxiliary fuel transfer system which I think is weird… hahaha you can steal diesel from any other piece of equipment or tank?? Hahaha crazy This machine Came to us needing a few things, she’s been used abused neglected and put away wet Problems are Typical Like all the utility and cab lights were burned out. The alternator is not charging The fuel gauge does not work The fuel pump has been hot wired to the alternator voltage regulator power feed So we have tested the old alternator and it’s bad. New reman coming today Meanwhile I’ve been trying to figure out why there is no power to the factory fuel pump wire The wire in question is yellow with red It comes from the cab and I believe from a fuel pump relay which I have no located yet All fuses are good, tested each on w multimeter The factory fuel level sender is working, I removed it and did an ohm test on it yesterday.. the ohms Change as the float moves So I’m looking for a wiring diagram especially for the fuel pump and fuses/ relays Could it be the anti theft? Right now there is no wrench light but we just learned how to access service mode yesterday so will be checking for any trouble codes The yellow with red wire has no voltage to it with the key on Previous owner ran a Hot wire from the alternator to the fuel pump. I would like to put it back to stock Thanks for any help / advice / insight Is the lack of fuel level gauge and no power to the pump related?
Need schematics whether bought or borrowed to figure that kind of stuff out. Worth their weight in gold. Nice looking machine, but everything working would feel better. Simon C
So dug Into it a bit more today Found the relays under the seat Not sure which is fuel yet… I’m working on getting service manual for this It’s a 2008 not a 2010 Dash -3 Kx080-3 So the yellow with red wire appears to be ignition power out / power distribution. I find it on several relays and on several connectors. It has continuity in most places but not at the fuel pump. So I went looking. For a break in the wire.. no luck yet. Somewhere between under the seat and the engine bay this wire is broken Perhaps the fuel level sender wires also broken because the fuel gauge does not work. I need to know which relay is for the fuel pump then I can more easily find the break or just run a new wire The relays in question both seem to switch with the key / ignition switch
3 relays on the front like 6 on the rear of this simple bracket Cabin air filter is a disaster lol Simple lack of maintenance so… she has a good home now We will be going through this whole machine and bring her up to snuff So far we replace all the halogen work lights with some led pods and got them all sorted. The radio works, heater blower works, water temp gauge is good..… no real leaks.. she cleans up real nice. Needs a bunch of filters new fluid changes and fix the alternator- ours tested bad. New on on order Fuel gauge- no gauge in dash. The fuel level sender in the take changes ohm values when you move the float Fuel pump power, appears to be broken wire? Could be anti theft? Not sure yet Needs a new light switch, ours is intermittent After all that it will be Test vacuum charge the ac and put it to work
Heres the Workshop Manual for a KX080-3 , wiring diagrams are in there
We acquired a workshop Manual pdf Very helpful Was able to determine the fuel pump power wire basically comes directly from a 5 amp fuse next to the seat. Somewhere between that fuse and the fuel pump there was a break in the wire. No continuity. I checked in several locations. All others ends of the power dist wire has connectivity, Just the fuel pump is out of the loop. So I ran a new wire directly from 5 amp fuse, through the floor where the ac lines go and around to the fuel pump. Worked like a champ. New alternator also installed and now we are charging the battery We Only have two known issues left The fuel gauge does not display Ac does not blow cold, no biggie So far so good very impressed with this track hoe… Makes my Takeuchi tb035 look and feel very old and small!!! Hahaha There are various relays hidden all around this machine… I am finding out.. I had just about all exterior access panels off.. enough to know that the main engine harness goes down under the cab and then up next to the seat under the console. Very difficult to fish a new wire through with that loom… so I needed up going around the other side… the entry side of the cab… (blue wire in pic)
This is the simple engine fuel supply pump wiring diagram I circled the pump and pointed at the two splices on its way to fuse “s” or relay pwr supply 5amp Second from bottom, right side of fuse panel Simple Close up Relay source - 5 amp fuse Dang crappy pic But it’s the bottom most fuse right side, second slot from bottom the Left side operator control stick hydraulic hoses are right next to the fuse block… they go down through the floor. From there I ran a single wire all the way to the fuel pump by way of the ac hoses… Next plan is to pull the lcd display screen and check the wire from fuel sender to display, will check ohms from sender at full and empty. If wire is good and connection checks out then I guess we would be looking at a screen failure? Anyone fix these? can we buy a new one? I guess we can add An aftermarket fuel gauge if needed
Good job thanks for posting. Picture was way better than some I have looked at. Simon C