I am looking at purchasing a 2011 SV300 and I have been trying to decipher all of the problems I might be looking at with that alpha series machine. The machine has 1900 hrs on it, appears to be in great condition, but I already see a couple of things that might be electrically/wire harness related, but not sure. From what I've read, they have wiring harness issues. Is this more prevalent on the EH controls? How does the wiring harness fail? Is it from chaffing, pinching, or inferior insulation and connections? The machine is open cab, mechanical with hand control bucket (like the 1845Cs). First thing is, the machine parking brake button on the right hand control does not release the parking brake, so someone wired in a toggle switch. Everything releases and functions with the toggle switch, but the parking brake light stays illuminated on the control panel. Any opinions or guidance of any common problems, by folks familiar with the 1st production SV300s, would be greatly appreciated.
Have worked quite a bit on newer 2017 TV 380 track machine , and yes they use the tiniest relays. tiny pin connectors, relays and plug ins get loose. This is on a machine with 950 HRS. Yours would have many a similar problem , no doubt. Not my favourite. Hard to get info from Case. Simon C
Simon C, Thanks for the insight.