my injector pump went and I need to get the machine loaded and moved to fix it. What’s the best way to go about getting it moved and loaded on my trailer
Welcome to HEF @K&k land management If you have the space, a crane to lift it is the best. They don't tow. Then when you get it to where you want to repair it, get the crane that unloads it to lift the loader frame to allow access to the engine.
Well my only choices then is to drop the tracks to get it on the trailer or remove the gear on each final drive to make move able then?
That sounds horrendous..... Frankly, to pull the injector pump is not a big deal, can it be done on site? What exactly is the problem with the pump? Water in fuel? Has the problem been diagnosed by a tech?
Yes has been diagnosed.. Alil water in fuel and previous owner must have been hauling fuel with some metal fuel tank cuz I got rust all through my fuel system. The tech don’t want to do it where it sits. He wants it under cover well doing it.
If it is on dirt,grass or something like that it will slide and if trailer deck is smooth as well. Just need to get something big enough to move it.
It’s on gravel right now I have a tilt deck wood deck trailer figured I would hose it down put dawn dish soap on it make it slick. Do you think a 12,500 pound winch will drag it on the trailer
I had the tech come look at it changed the transfer pump cuz that wasn’t sending the correct flow changed fuel filters witch were full of rust flakes and had water in the separator I bought the machine and have only put 100 hrs on it. Well crap King the machine over we get fuel out of the injector line but said to not have enough pressure to fire the injector. The machine cranks but dont smoke or even try and start. It just clocked 1700 hrs on it. All fluids and filters were changed 80 hrs ago
Loading it on your trailer should be an easy job for a decent size wrecker.
If you still need to move it remove the bolts out of the sprockets alllowing them to slip on the hubs. That way its easy to move without opening any mechanicals or hydraulics.
That winch might be able to move it,but it would help if something could help push
Use a two part line on the winch. It will move it as long as the winch stays anchored.
I do have a 225 new holland skidder there to help push it now
There are or should be tow valve levers on hydro pumps so you can push or pull machine without damaging hydrostat pumps and motors.
Then how do you release the brakes? ........
read my post up thread, bloody simples mate
deleted post
I see you have replaced the fuel system on this machine. Did you end up moving this machine? For future reference for other forum readers, what method did you end up using?
alrman I have a tilt deck trailer with a 12000 pound winch on it so I put 3 inch steel pipe under the tracks and winched it up on just kept moving the pipes to keep them under the track as it rolled. Worked really well