Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2012 cat 301.8

Ryan1967 · 2024-10-13 18:49

Thank you for allowing me to join ,newby to this 301.8 it’s a 2012 I have no manual unfortunately for it . Couple issues I’m trying to figure out but the display is just flashing a wrench and sometimes a red book light ? So this machine has no mounting point for a thumb … which sucks but I can weld on a set of mounting points for the top cylinder mount . My next question is there a switch for a thumb ? There are 2 rockers switches one for the lights then a second one with a red something on the switch . Thanks in advance

Replies1
  1. #1Gary Layton2024-10-14 00:27

    You should supply a serial number for these guys to be able to help you. And send some pictures of what you are asking..."a second one with a red something on the switch ." is very vague...a picture could help a lot.