Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2012 Genie S85 platform leveling issue

Con-Verge Industries ยท 2022-07-21 15:42

I have a 2012 Genie S85 boom lift that I'm having issues with... Serial: S8512-9353 When I raise the boom, the platform levels, but it over-compensates, getting more and more off level as the boom raises, so that when the boom is fully raised, the platform is dumped back. So then I manually level it with the platform leveling switch. Then if I lower the boom, it over-compensates again, so that when the boom is fully lowered, the platform is dumped forwards (toward the machine). This unit has a master and a slave cylinder. 2 hoses come from the master cylinder to the valve block at the platform, and then 2 hoses go from there to the slave. Seems to me to be a closed loop circuit. Or does the boom angle sensor control the platform leveling valve to keep it level? Does anybody have any ideas? Any input would be appreciated.

Replies0

No replies yet.