Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2012 SkyTrak 10054 boom will not extend and outriggers will not retract

molokaisteve ยท 2025-10-22 23:15

I've checked the fuses, swapped all the relays (not all are marked and my service manual shows a diifferent layout), wiggled the wires, looked for a loose or damaged wire, but nothing. The machine is in neutral, parking brake engaged, the boom is all the way in but when you try and extend, it sounds like fluid is moving but nothing. I've looked at the senser on the side of the boom, checked its wiring and no frayed wires or broken. This happened about two weeks ago and I wiggled the wiring under the fuse box and it started to work just fine and has since until today. Dang nabit. My plan is to check voltage at that sensor and check the signal wire to see if it is working. I'm planning on pulling the fuse/relay box out so I can check if the boom extend solenoid is energized. If not, I might use my probe to try and push 12VDC to the relay and see if it will extend. Is this a good plan of action? What else or instead should I do? Thank you, Steve

Replies0

No replies yet.