Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2012 Takeuchi TB 250

08 Ford Roush ยท 2015-02-11 16:35

Good evening all from snowy and cold upstate New York. My name is Stephen and i'm fairly new to your forum so please forgive any screw-ups. i've been around machinery most of my life but need some advice. I'm thinking about purchasing a used 2012 TB 250 Takeuchi with 1500 hours on it. Would like input from anyone who might have any pros or cons about this machine and how it stacks up to the other major brands. I notice that a lot of the rental companies use them so i would think they should be fairly durable. Thank you in advance to all, Stephen

Replies2
  1. #1mattk2015-03-24 03:22

    Good machines, a TB145 is better, however a 1500 hour TB145 would be a rear find. I have had takeuchi's for years and no real problems, except for the new 250 which is waiting for a shuttle valve, but you get the odd thing with new machines. Highly recommend though

  2. #208 Ford Roush2015-03-24 20:28

    Thanks for the info mattk I did buy the Tak and have been using it for a week now. Sure make easy work of picking up 20 foot long logs so i can cut them then put all the rounds in a big pile to be split. I have about 200 trees to take down and stump at my daughters this spring and then tear apart the rest of a burned out log cabin . Looking to give it a good work out