Guys, Posting for my brother who is looking at an 88 with 2200 hours. D3.4 motor. With motor running and oil cap off there was what looked like blow by, but when you look down in the oil reservoir under the cap there are gears moving. Is this blow by, or just oil splattering caused by these gears. I may be using the wrong nomenclature, but hopefully that gives you an idea of what we're seeing. Does anybody who runs this machine know If this is normal.
Good day Andyba20 If the engine is not burning excessive oil it would suggest that all is well. Kind regards Uffex
Hey Uffex thanks for the reply! I'll ask the owner if it's burning any oil and hopefully he'll be honest about it. Is there any value in doing a compression test?
New Hey Uffex thanks for the reply! I'll ask the owner if it's burning any oil and hopefully he'll be honest about it. Is there any value in doing a compression test? A moment ago Edit Delete Report + QuoteReply
Good day If a compression test would make you feel more comfortable with the machine then I suggest it may be a good thing however when a engine begins to give crank case compression it normally will be accompanied by smoke from the stack and lower power than normal as well as leakage from gaskets. Have a good day uffex