Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2012 Yanmar VIO-55-5B Issues – need advice!

BrandonKuemper ยท 2026-06-09 13:18

Hi all, I have a grey market 2012 yanmar vio55-5b. It was running awesome until I lent it to a contractor for work. They ended up backing out my bushing and bending my main ram and boom cylinder. The machine shop repaired it and a mechanic put it back together without flushing the hydraulics as they said there was no need.... I bring it home and all of a sudden my left track under solo operation locks up on me. I lift the track off the ground and it runs fine in forward and reverse - I inspected for rocks or anything blocking my tracks. Nothing! I put the track back down and try it under load and it locks. If I use both my left and right tracks under load there is no issue in forward or reverse - just when my left track is under solo operation. I dopped all my hydraulic oil, clean the tank and replace my return and vacuum filter - I notice some crud and what looks like warn hydraulic hose pieces in the bottom of the tank. There was minor fine metal on the magnetic plug - but nothing too major. I put new oil in and all of a sudden I loose power in not only my left track but now my arm and boom swing function. My boom up/down is fine. my blade is fine, and my right track is fine. I pull the relief valves of P1 and P2, clean them and reverse them to see if the function changes -- Nothing ! its exactly the same. I put a pressure gauge to P2, and dead-end my boom - reading is 3600psi. I deadened my arm and bucket and it slowly builds to over 2000psi then immediately drops to 350psi. I changed my gear oil in the left track and seen nothing crazy - little crud. from my manual, it seems that all my functions that are weak come from the P2 pump. Any help diagnosing this would be awesome.

Replies1
  1. #1hwychild2026-06-15 10:53

    My guess is you have some bypass in the swivel joint and you may need new final drives. I have a similar machine 2010 vio55. the left final drive had low power if it was run solo like you said. I've replaced both final drives. It's much better.