Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2013 New Holland l220 Won’t start. Code 3088

Adrianvz ยท 2019-07-23 19:48

I have a 2013 L220 with 1300 hours which was running fine till i parked it for lunch. Came back and the machine won't start. Doesn't even crank. A stop light can be seen on the information pillar and the code 3088. I have a service manual, but it does not show that code. Any ideas or solutions?

Replies5
  1. #1KSSS2019-07-23 20:40

    If that particular code isn't in the book, I would call your local NH or CASE dealer and have them look it up for you.

  2. #2Bswwood2019-07-23 21:05

    3088 is crankshaft speed sensor signal invalid, also explains why it will not try to start. Might be a bad sensor or just the connection at the crank speed sensor.

  3. #3Adrianvz2019-07-23 22:19

    Hi thanks for the reply. Do you know where the sensor is located on the engine?

  4. #4Bswwood2019-07-23 23:11

    I'm not that familiar with the engine you have but should be easy to spot. It may have both Cam and Crank sensors, usually black plastic and held in with just one bolt on the side of the engine block. Hopefully the dealer will help with the details.

  5. #5Adrianvz2019-07-24 20:37

    Thanks again for the help. It turned out there was corrosion in one of the fuse boxes in the cab. Removed the relay and cleaned the terminals and the machine fired up.