Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2014 650k ac issues

RailCat · 2025-06-20 20:22

serial number ending in e268953 It started with a code leading to a shorted out track speed sensor. When I seen the code I notice one of the batteries moved and could have been arcing onto the frame/ground. I moved the battery back, replaced the shorted speed sensors and fired up again. Shortly after I noticed the air wasn’t blowing cold, cool but not near the usual. Then the compressor would cut out and then back in for 5 min. I hooked gauges to it and the low side ran 35 and high side 280 with compressor running. At this the low pressure line was not sweating at all and the high pressure was hot. Those numbers remained the same not moving and the compressor stayed on at idle no cycling. Air wasn’t blowing cold blowing not close to the cold temp as usual. I put 15oz of Freon in and the line began to sweat and got slightly cooler. The low side showed 32 and high side 360. The compressor stayed on and the numbers stayed constant at idle. When I idled up the high side moved closer to 400 and low remained the same. I replaced the dual pressure switch also and no change. The climate control switch has 13.5v in and 13.5 out max. Condenser fans both are running and condenser is clean filters clean and good airflow into cab. The air blew ice cold before it didn’t.

Replies1
  1. #1mg23612025-06-21 06:46

    Welcome to HEF RailCat ! The first thing I check on any of the Deere dozers with an AC complaint is the condenser fans. I have seen many of them seized up. I would also recommend a total evacuation and charge again with the correct poundage of refrigerant.