Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2014 Bomag MPH600

keith@cooglerconstruction ยท 2023-06-01 15:39

2014 Bomag MPH 600 Serial # 1015900860000014 Having a problem with noise on the left side of the milling drum, hydraulic pressure was correct and left side motor was removed and checked for possible, bad bearing or motor issue none found motor was taken apart by a hydraulic shop and good as well. Our company was told that there is a transmission assembly in the milling drum which is turned by the motor. Bomag offers nothing in their manuals for taking apart the transmission assembly in the drum. Does anyone know about the noise issue what it may be and how to tear down the transmission in the drum. The noise starts after the machine has run for, about 15 minutes enough time for the hydraulic fluid to heat up when that happens the drum seems to drag down also causing the machine engine to drop power.

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612023-06-02 05:22

    While I am not familiar with your machine, I can look at in our manual library to see if I can find anything. Your serial number is incorrect and too long for Bomag. Maybe post a picture of the serial plate so I can access the correct manual.

  2. #2keith@cooglerconstruction2023-06-06 06:02

    That serial number came from the plate in the cab with those numbers here is another number that i found also 101590301055

  3. #3mg23612023-06-06 11:56

    Sorry, I unfortunately do not have a manual for that serial number. Only for higher serial numbers. Even the newer serial number manuals have nothing on the transmission that I can find.

  4. #4keith@cooglerconstruction2023-06-07 08:51

    We found another number stamped into the machine which maybe a serial number 101 590 30 1005 If possible at least is there a way to find out who the manufacture is for the drum roller if not Bomag. Then I could try and contact them directly.

  5. #5mg23612023-06-07 11:48

    That is the serial number, which you posted in post #3. I do not have that information.