Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2014 CAT 299D – Alternative alternative

John Strange · 2024-05-19 21:44

Cat wants $1000 for an alternator.. for the love of god.. does anyone have an alternative?

Replies4
  1. #1ozarkag2024-05-20 08:33

    CAT 299D Alternator Alternatives? Looks like my alternator might be going out. After 2 weeks worth of rain, it seems like it is failing to generate any power. I am probably going to take it apart just to make sure something didn’t rust up or fill with water. If that doesn’t work, time for a new one. I was curious if anyone... HeavyEquipmentForums ttps://www.dbelectrical.com/products/alternator-for-kubota-v3800.html

  2. #2kshansen2024-05-20 08:49

    Any chance of some numbers off a tag on the alternator? Or at the least some pictures of it. I know I've been away from the industry for several years but doubt that Cat makes their own alternators. In another post yesterday I talked about needing a replacement alternator for a road sweeper. The sweeper company wanted $1156.00 for an alternator and I got a new not rebuilt one from a local repair shop for $214.29!

  3. #3Nige2024-05-20 11:34

    Or give a machine Serial Number to help find the alternator Part Number. Then you can search the interweb for a "will fit" alternative to the OEM part. EDIT: Was the $1000 for a 389-2320 by any chance.?

  4. #4uglyguy2024-05-20 14:29

    I bought this one on Ebay for My 299D2 for $176. Installed and worked great.