Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2014 Conexpo/Con Agg Las Vegas

CM1995 · 2013-07-25 19:52

It's time again - http://www.conexpoconagg.com/ I plan on going in March since I missed the last one in '11. Anyone else planning on going? For the 2008 show we had a HEF meet and greet which I got to meet several HEF members, many of which I keep in touch with outside of the HEF interface. Let's do the same for this show as it would be good to put some screen names with faces. In '08 we had the vacuum cleaner races after hours which was quite an experience, that and having free reign of the convention center with no one else. There is a thread here on HEF about it but I'm not digging it up.. This thread can be the "Official" Conexpo thread and let it evolve from there. Post if you plan on going.

Replies76
  1. #1lumberjack2013-07-25 20:04

    I missed '11 also, I plan on making this one.

  2. #2clintm2013-07-25 21:46

    haven't miss one in about 23 years. walked every mile of every one. they say that supposed to have better product areas this year guess we will see counting down days

  3. #3lantraxco2013-07-25 22:58

    I'm hoping to be there, in a booth, with some machines. We'll see how that works out, given my current lack of inventory, advertising capital, and investors! I figure fifty grand will cover the show.... LOL

  4. #4Oxbow2013-07-26 15:56

    I live relatively close (easy days drive) but have yet to attend. Next year will be the year I hope. I too look forward to meeting fellow HEFers (not young female cows). Good idea to start this now CM!

  5. #5CM19952013-07-26 18:51

    The show is very informative and hey - what's better than a huge amount of shiny new equipment! Plus Vegas is a fun town for a few days, lots to do even if you don't gamble. Being a small business owner it's a gamble every day so I take the best odds.:tong Me and the better 1/2 really enjoy going out on the town, eating a good meal and casino/bar hop - although our feet are usually so worn out after a show that we don't venture too far. Reserve your rooms early to get better rates. I have been to many trade shows in Vegas over the years - Conex, NAHB and World of Concrete. Sometimes the trade show website has cheaper room blocks and sometimes they don't. Compare the prices at the same hotel through the Conex website and then through one of the other travel sites. For the ones not familiar with Vegas, there is a monorail that services the convention center. It services the east side of the strip - MGM, Paris, Bally's, etc. The monorail makes it very easy to get to and from the convention center if you don't have a rental car or your own vehicle, as it's a nightmare to get cabs from the convention center, getting there in a cab is no problem. http://www.lvmonorail.com/ I would highly suggest staying at one of the hotels either serviced by the monorail or close to it. The wife and I are going in September to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, unfortunately that trip will not be a business write off like the conex trip will be.

  6. #6Oxbow2013-07-27 00:07

    I used to truck through Vegas every week and have lived in Nevada so the casinos don't have as much appeal as they once did, but I would sure like to take my two full time employees and look at the show and have some fun to boot. I am very interested in meeting the HEF contingency as well, so if a get together is planned we will be there! I guess I should just bite the bullet and get some reservations now, then there will be no chance for me to come up with some excuse as to why I can't attend. It would be great to meet some of the folks from the UK and Southern hemisphere as well should they be of the good fortune to be able to make the trip make the trip. Thanks again for starting this thread CM!

  7. #7CM19952013-08-10 20:17

    Any of our non-US members planning on attending? If so chime in here.

  8. #8Water Doc2013-08-10 21:36

    Happy to report that the company that I work for has decided to send every employee this year. Flights, hotel and spending cash all included. ... Yup you read that right.. we're BOTH going. haha.

  9. #9Oxbow2013-08-11 10:33

    We look forward to meeting you WaterDoc!

  10. #10CM19952013-08-11 10:43

    LOL. We'll see you there.

  11. #11army2013-08-11 17:31

    the company i work also is sending several key employees to the show also our spouses wher invited . I told my wife she may be spending a lot of time at the pool .

  12. #12CM19952013-08-11 18:48

    My wife is a trooper, she saw most of the last show we went to - mostly bored out of her mind but she trucked along. The after hours vacuum cleaner races in the North Hall made up for some of it. I hear the 2014 Electrolux finals are going to be fantastic!

  13. #13SPMiller2013-08-21 21:54

    I'll be there

  14. #14grandpa2013-08-21 22:05

    Hmmm.... might just have to venture down thataway and see what you southern rednecks look like,,,, eyeball to eyeball.

  15. #15rfedistribution2013-08-22 09:19

    We will be there. Some of the spouses may even be joining us this year. We are really looking forward to it. We will be in the pavilion this year.

  16. #16JGS Parts2013-08-24 12:26

    I think i will be going to this one. wont be showing there though. first time to the states.

  17. #17Joe Sullivan MZ2013-08-26 07:20

    We'll be there. No spouses with us though

  18. #18Purple Wave2013-08-26 15:13

    Planning to be there and quite excited!!

  19. #19CM19952013-10-01 19:54

    Come on you old goat!:tong Rooms booked at MGM, wife got one heck of a deal.

  20. #20grandpa2013-10-01 22:21

    Well gramma booked us too.... as far as your post on the monorail, you can also buy a ticket to ride the bus,,, last winter it was $20 for a couple days and it stopped at all the main place. Old goat,,, better bring ur boxing gloves!!!

  21. #21CM19952013-10-02 06:32

    We were just there last week for our 10 year anniversary. A one day pass (24 hours) is $12 and a 3 day is $28. I like the monorail because you can get in and out of the convention center easily, trains run every 7-8 minutes. BTW - I don't need gloves old man!:tong

  22. #22928G Boy2013-10-05 18:59

    I'll be there

  23. #23CM19952013-10-05 20:09

    We'll get a meeting spot for everyone that is going, Vegas has a lot of great venues. Open for suggestions. Personally I like the round bar at Paris, center stage in the Casino, although it might not be big enough.

  24. #24blitz1382013-10-07 12:08

    Ill be there. Im a cheap b*****d so Id rather meet down on Freemont Streetwhere a beer doesnt cost 10 bucks.

  25. #25PETE3792013-10-13 14:18

    I registered and booked my hotel already. Always a good time. Last time we won a helicopter tour of the strip from one of the booths.

  26. #26alco2014-01-03 14:31

    Are we going for the same place as last time? Give me a shout, we'll make plans.

  27. #27UrParts2014-01-06 08:16

    We will be staying at The Venetian for the week. Does Conexpo take over the City for the week or is Vegas just too big?

  28. #28blitz1382014-01-06 11:22

    Vegas is too big for Conexpo to take over, but it will definitely make an impact

  29. #29blitz1382014-01-06 11:24

    Yes, unless you want to meet somewhere else

  30. #30alco2014-01-06 23:26

    I'm good with the regular place, but let's keep options open. Still have my number?

  31. #31JDOFMEMI2014-01-09 15:06

    I am hoping to make it this time around.

  32. #32Ben Witter2014-01-15 19:46

    I will be there for the week. Went in '11 but had to leave early for a family emergency. If anyone's meeting up post a time and place and I'll try to stop by.

  33. #33blitz1382014-01-16 00:26

    Ya Brian I got your #. Looking forward to it!

  34. #34Joe Sullivan MZ2014-01-17 09:36

    We have a promotion in the run up to Conexpo for a year's totally free & unlimited machine/part advertising with no obligation afterwards guys. Only requirement is if you have ten pieces of equipment. If I can help any of you, send me a pm.

  35. #35powerjoke2014-01-17 09:59

    I think PURPLEWAVE should send us all there.... Infact, I believe I'll talk to my salesman about it today when he's at my place ! Actually yesterday my wife ordered tickets, flights and hotel we plan on a staying at he Cosmo is anyone else ? The only reason I am going is so I can make sure todd Hoffman knows how much of a dumbass he is lol She's going to Vegas with me but prolly not the expo, normally when we go to Vegas as soon as we get off the plane we go running in opposite directions and I doubt that looking at cool stuff (iron) is going to be on her list of thigs to do lol. Pj

  36. #36powerjoke2014-01-17 10:02

    Beer is free in Vegas if you set at the right table lol

  37. #37blitz1382014-01-19 00:09

    Save me a seat!

  38. #38alco2014-01-19 00:19

    At MinExpo, I'd stop and stare at him whenever I saw him, until he looked at me. Then I'd start laughing hysterically, and walk away. As you can imagine, I got more than one dirty look from him.

  39. #39trainwreck2014-01-19 00:59

    im going to be there this time.

  40. #40oceanobob2014-01-19 13:00

    Shucks, I missed the deadline for the lesser priced admittance fee....and no comps offered although it wasn't due to me not asking. Maybe will look forward to 2017 if we have better jobs (revenues) by then. Thank you Economy.

  41. #41ShaneK2014-01-28 17:27

    Which booths are on your hitlists at the show? Here are some sneak peaks from Equipment World. http://www.equipmentworld.com/conexpo-conagg-sneak-peek-see-what-the-big-show-has-in-store/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_content=12-23-2013&utm_campaign=EW&ust_id=65a2c5d1cb Allu, booth 2109 (Gold Lot) Allu will demonstrate their D-Series and DL Screener bucket attachments in their booth, as well as display their PMX Power Mixer. Contractors who specialize in soil stabilization will have the chance to speak one-on-one with industry expert Charles Wilk in the booth. Company vice president Dale Mickle will be on hand to talk about the company’s products. Bergkamp, booth 8202 (Platinum Lot) Pavement maintenance manufacturer Bergkamp will introduce a new Spray Injection Pothole Patcher. Other products from Bergkamp’s line of truck-mounted, trailer-mounted and continuous slurry seal and microsurfacing pavers and equipment will also be on display. Brennan Industries, booth 82101 Brennan, a supplier of more than 30,000 standard and special hydraulic fittings and adapters, will showcase a range of products from their line. Featured products will include O-rings face seal fittings, flanges and metric bite type (DIN). Brokk, booth 8547 Remote-controlled demolition machine manufacturer Brokk AB will launch two new machines, Brokk 60 and 400D (diesel). Replacing the Brokk 50, the Brokk 60 is the smallest remote-controlled demolition machine in the world, weighing in at just 1,100 pounds with a 34.4-inch height. The diesel-powered 400D replaces the 330D, with a 60-percent increase in transport speed and a new and improved control system. Case Construction Equipment, booth 11722 Case Construction Equipment will showcase major new product introductions, including the new M Series dozer line and to-be-announced updates to primary product lines such as excavators, wheel loaders and compactors. With five models ranging from 92 to 214 net horsepower, the M Series dozers feature a range of design improvements, including the first selective catalytic reduction technology to be built into a dozer. Case will also feature their “Dire States: the Drive to Revive America’s Ailing Infrastructure” tour. Including a rally event and panel discussion, the event highlights the progress of the tour and features infrastructure expert Dan McNichol’s key findings from his travels across America. CEMCO, booth 53184 CEMCO provides solutions for recycling, crushing, CNC machining and robotic welding applications, The company will showcase the Turbo 80 VSI crusher, an efficient vertical shaft impact crusher capable of processing a variety of aggregate materials and industrial minerals. Available in two models, the mid-size Turbo 80 is customizable to portable or stationary configurations, and is useful for aggregates, energy production, mining and recycling. Conveyor Components, booth 53178 (Central Hall) Conveyor Components will showcase a new product line of tilt level controls that are designed for level detection of dry bulk materials. The line includes models for use in general purpose outdoor applications that are dust proof and weather tight, and models that are explosion proof for use in hazardous locations. Custom Equipment (Hy-Brid Lifts), booth 1725 Scissor lift manufacturer Custom Equipment will feature the Hy-Brid HB-1430 low-level scissor lift. Designed for construction, drywall and electrical applications and more, the lifts are heavy duty and safe, but also lightweight. State-of-the-art technology allows the company to use less of a higher grade of steel, for a stronger, lighter-weight machine with reinforced stress points. DSC Dredge, booth 30040 (Central Hall) DSC Dredge will have its experts available in their booth to discuss industry-leading customized dredge technologies. Focusing on customized portable cutter suction dredges, DSC Dredge has units of all sizes for use in construction, environmental, mining and other applications. E-Z Drill, booth 61330 E-Z Drill will highlight a range of drills at the show, including models 110B, 210-4 SRA, 210B-2 SRA, 240B On-Grade and UTL 20. The company will also feature the 210 B-2 On-Grade concrete drill; an easy-to-position unit that drills to a standard 18-inch depth. The 210 B-2 On-Grade is specifically designed for straight-line drilling on a level subgrade, making it useful for lane additions, large patchwork jobs and more. Hitachi, booth 126212 (North Hall) Hitachi will showcase a variety of machines from across their product line. Featured machines include the EH1100-5 rigid frame hauler truck, the ZX135US-5 reduced tail swing excavator, the EX1200-6 mining/construction excavator, and three construction-sized excavators. IROCK, booth 52947 Portable crushing plant and screening equipment manufacturer IROCK will unveil a new portable crusher. Featuring new technology, the crusher will also incorporate IROCK’s exclusive Rock Box, which allows crushed material to build up and act as a wear liner. Kawasaki Wheel Loaders, booth 40042 (Central Hall) Kawasaki will showcase products that feature the company’s Z-Link design, which delivers high breakout force and efficiency, including the newest of the company’s compact wheel loaders, the 45ZV-2, a 61-horsepower wheel loader with 1.18-cubic-yard capacity. Additional machines on display will be the 80Z7, the 95Z7 and the 115Z7. Kawasaki Wheel Loaders’ product line includes 15 models between .78 and 13.5 cubic yards that deliver between 45 and 720 horsepower. Kobelco Construction Machinery USA, booth 4408 (Silver Lot) Kobelco will offer attendees product information on Kobelco’s full line of excavators in the 3,000- to 180,000-pound classes, as well as their new demolition machine line. The company’s exhibit is Kobelco’s homecoming to ConExpo as an independent brand. The exhibit will provide booth visitors the opportunity to compete in a number of traditional and high-tech games and serve as a place to kick back and relax, while delivering ample time to kick the tires and get into the operator seats of a wide-range of Kobelco excavators, including the company’s new 55SRX model. K-Tec, booth 11010 (North Hall), 3266 (Silver Lot) In the North Hall, K-Tec Earthmovers will host show attendees in the Earthmoving Education Lounge. Rest your feet while viewing footage of scraper operations hauling up to 54 cubic yards in a single load. Trained earthmoving professionals will be on hand to present attendees with earthmoving solutions. In the Silver Lot, K-Tec will unveil a new scraper model, hooked up to a 40-ton articulated dump truck. The company’s popular 1233SS scraper will also be on site. Laser Technology, booth 30139 (Central Hall) Laser Technology will display a range of laser-based measurement products, including TruPulse laser rangefinders, which measure distance, height, slope and more. Also on display will be the MapSmart Volume Stockpile solution for the aggregates industry. An exclusive in-booth show special will be offered to ConExpo attendees only. Lincoln Electric, booth 70016 Lincoln Electric will be exhibiting a variety of solutions from, diesel and gas welder generator sets, welding consumables, multi-process welding, CNC plasma cutting, automated pipe welding solutions, and virtual reality welding training to help you get the job done. Lincoln Electric representatives will be on hand to speak with show attendees and answer questions. Major Wire, booth 52456 (Central Hall) Screen media solution provider Major Wire will display the company’s Flex-Mat 3 High-Performance Screen Media, which can increase production in a wide range of screening operations. Flex-Mat 3 is available in tensioned and modular panels. Rio Rubber Track, booth 70420 (Gold Lot) Rio Rubber Track manufactures premium quality replacement wear-parts for heavy construction equipment. All products are manufactured to OEM size specifications. The company will feature rubber undercarriage parts such as track-pads, conveyor belts, vibration isolators, solid rubber tires, continuous rubber tracks, and carbide teeth for road milling and paving equipment, excavators, pile drivers, vibro-compactors, and track/wheel loaders. Talbert Manufacturing, booth 2474 Specialized and heavy-haul trailer manufacturer Talbert Manufacturing will feature a range of models at ConExpo, including the 55SA with 18-inch deck height 3+1 Nitro, the 55HRG Tele, the 75-ton 3+3+3 Nitro, the 5053TA and the 6-Axle Steer Dolly, which provides steering control and extra capacity to handle self-supporting superloads. Volvo Construction Equipment, booth 10951 (North Hall) and 1300 (Gold Lot) Volvo will showcase more than 17 products, including a new generation of E-Series excavators, G-Series articulated haulers and H-Series wheel loaders in Tier 4 Final configurations. Volvo CE will also exhibit the latest range of backhoe loaders, motor graders and skid and tracked loaders. At the 6,000-square-foot outdoor lot, visitors can operate a BL60B backhoe loader and EC55C excavator, with prizes awarded for performance. W.S. Tyler, booth 7401 Screening, washing and pelletizing systems provider W.S. Tyler will feature the Mobile Hydro-Clean washing system at ConExpo. With the ability to mount the machine on a chassis, the washing system can now be easily moved from place to place within a quarry or from jobsite to jobsite.

  42. #42qball2014-01-28 21:16

    I will be there. I am bringing a bunch of rowdy friends. This will be epic.

  43. #43MKTEF2014-02-04 10:56

    This year i did some good arguing. A bunch of officers aproved my aplication... The Norwegian Army will be present the whole week..

  44. #44CM19952014-02-04 18:46

    Good deal MKTEF! Looking forward to getting together.

  45. #45MKTEF2014-02-05 13:17

    Room booked at Circus, we just have to agree on a meetingpoint somewhere.. Whife has banned gambling, so i have to be carefully around the tables. There got to be some members here that has a boot where we can meet.. I am realy excited to meet as many members as possible.. US trucks and scrapers are on the top of my list to check out.(they are nearly non existing in Europe)

  46. #46blitz1382014-02-16 12:42

    Post the days youll be attending the show, lets try to get this going. Ill be there all week

  47. #47grandpa2014-02-16 15:56

    Yes.... CM1995 you better set up a meeting.... I'll be gone from now up til con expo... so I'd like to know whats shaken b4 I leave.

  48. #48Burnout2014-02-18 19:05

    So....does this mean I should plan on attending? Where are we meeting gentlemen (used loosely)? as qball has previously stated I'll be signing copies of my book 50 Shades of Eh!

  49. #49Bullpuncher2014-02-18 20:11

    Been a lurker for a while but wanted to post on this. I have been wanting to go to this since I was a shovel monkey begging for seat time. Cant wait to go to Vegas in 2 weeks. Plan on going to show Tuesday and Wednesday then going to the Hoover Dam and Nation Nuclear Testing Museum on Thursday. I tried to get a Nevada Test Site Tour but those are booked a year in advance. Be nice to meet Burnout and Company since I follow them on the Face Crack.

  50. #50CM19952014-02-18 20:29

    Depends on whether they leave the doors unlocked to the expo while the vacuum cleaner races are going on.:cool2

  51. #51Burnout2014-02-18 20:44

    To quote the gentleman walking into that picture "I don't know if you know this but.....I'm kind of a big deal around here"

  52. #52blitz1382014-02-19 19:43

    I work with Bridgestone pretty closely, we can invade there

  53. #53CM19952014-02-19 19:56

    Sounds good, last time I went to Conex, we had a HEF get together we invaded Construction Equipment Magazine with the help of Larry who is a member here. Let us know if that is an option.

  54. #54lantraxco2014-02-23 17:26

    Well, in true Vegas fashion we rolled the dice and came up snake eyes, lol. I'm gonna try to make it, as more or less a last good time. Might have to hitch a ride home though, heheheh. Ah well, this too shall pass. Cheers.

  55. #55blitz1382014-02-26 22:07

    We can invade Bridgestones booth. Just let me know when

  56. #56Moremph2014-02-27 22:07

    I will be thier!! Plan on doing some service truck snooping!

  57. #57CM19952014-02-28 06:31

    I fly in Tuesday and out Sat. Wed or Thurs?

  58. #58blitz1382014-03-01 01:16

    Thursday @ 4 work for everyone?

  59. #59CM19952014-03-01 06:55

    That sounds good to me. Thursday @ 4, Bridgestone Booth.

  60. #60MKTEF2014-03-01 14:41

    I'll be there too.

  61. #61blitz1382014-03-01 23:52

    Ill get us a corner of the Bridgestone Booth. Ill be wearing a Belray shirt probably blue. PM me if you need my phone number for help getting hooked up with the group.

  62. #62JDOFMEMI2014-03-02 00:22

    I can't make the Thursday meet. I will not be there till Friday so if anyone is still around by then, what is the plan?

  63. #63CM19952014-03-02 08:17

    I leave out on Sat. morning so I am up for Friday in addition. Jerry are you going to the rb auction Sat?

  64. #64blitz1382014-03-02 18:12

    Friday will work, want to keep it at 4pm?

  65. #65JDOFMEMI2014-03-02 18:40

    Since they announced the weekend pass for only $30.00, I am sure there will be a lot of others showing up for just Friday and Saturday as well. I am mainly doing it because of time. For the first time since 2008, business is busy. CM I am not sure about RB, but I will be at the show. I will PM you some contact info.

  66. #66CM19952014-03-02 20:12

    Friday works for me too.

  67. #67CM19952014-03-05 10:21

    Sneak peak

  68. #68Construct'O2014-03-05 21:51

    So were are already into the F model,i thought they were E??????? Thanks

  69. #69JimBruce422014-03-05 22:41

    E series hoe's had tier IV interm engines, the new F models are tier 4 final.

  70. #70CM19952014-03-06 15:11

    What I thought was interesting was the blade on such a large machine.:cool2

  71. #71Desertwheeler2014-03-06 15:15

    It also had gps on it too. We have it on our 336 and it's pretty trick when it works right. I liked the d series skid steers. The visibility was pretty good I thought. Even compared to my smaller 226.

  72. #72qball2014-03-07 19:49

    Welp, home safe and sound. Had an awesome time, met a few of you all and drank enough to float an aircraft carrier.

  73. #73CM19952014-03-09 00:14

    Just got home, I'm one tired pup. I'll upload some pics tomorrow.

  74. #74Shimmy12016-08-11 23:36

    Wondering if it's time to get some plans made for March. Anyone planning on going again or for the first time? Looking forward to meeting some of you if so. Also, since it's a first for my crew, looking for some ideas on good deals.

  75. #75CM19952016-08-12 08:02

    I plan on going. I'll start a new thread in Upcoming Events for 2017.

  76. #76Shimmy12016-08-12 08:34

    :thumbsup:beerchug