Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2014 F750 Driver Seat

LeglessCrow · 2022-03-21 13:25

I've recently become a field tech at my job and I'm driving a 2014 F750. The driver seat is completely worn out and the air ride suspension is shot on it also. I've been given the go ahead to get a new assembly however, I didn't realize how difficult it seems to be to find one. What do you guys suggest and where can I find one? I've been told by other techs to get a "low profile" base. Otherwise I'll be banging my head on the roof when I'm driving on rough roads or job sites. I'm also a hefty fella so something with a heavier duty rating would be nice. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Replies8
  1. #1Jonas3022022-03-21 13:41

    Most of your heavy truck places will get you one ordered its hard to find a bunch on display to test sit some of the bigger dealerships have them out

  2. #2Former Wrench2022-03-21 14:38

    If you are going to be solo, you might consider a single driver's seat and a fold down jumper seat. This will free up room for parts/laptop/other.

  3. #3Junkyard2022-03-21 17:08

    Having run a 750 you absolutely need a low ride. Dealers should be able to get them. Look online as well. 4 state trucks in Joplin has tons of them, not sure what freight would be on one.

  4. #4LeglessCrow2022-03-21 17:17

    Yeah I was looking on there and saw the ones they had but I wasn’t sure if they were for the 750. If you go over to the side and put in the make and model all of the options go away.

  5. #5Junkyard2022-03-21 17:40

    You may have to drill some holes or swap some base parts but they’ll work. I’d be surprised if they had a listing at all for a 750.

  6. #6heymccall2022-03-21 19:58

    This is what I put in my '97 & '98 Topkicks. https://www.seatsinc.com/products/on-highway/3r-pro/

  7. #7funwithfuel2022-03-21 20:02

    I recently had the same issue . The dealer said there was no lead time on a replacement. So, I ask, is the suspension ok? If it is, I can recommend a replacement seat which sits on the suspension. There's a National seating retailer here in Northern Illinois that may be able to help.

  8. #8Old Doug2022-03-22 10:24

    Before covid i needed a low airride low back. It was a deal the seat places were 6 weeks out and said maybe. The junkyards wanted 3/4 of new price and i didnt have time to drive all over the country looking. I spent alot of time calling around i called one place back that had said no to see if they had any thing that i could work with and they found just what i needed in stock that they had forgot about having. I was to the point of putting another junk seat in this truck and having the old one redone. Good luck.