Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2014 John Deere 318E wont start

duckie1000 · 2020-02-20 11:05

Last time it ran, it ran fine. This morning it won't start. Shows 5 ecu trouble codes: 1/5 ECU 157.16 2/5 ECU 522323.00 3/5 ECU 522596.09 4/5 ECU 522618.09 5/5 ECU 522600.09 I have no idea where to look to find what these codes mean. Any help would certainly be appreciated. Machine only has 375 hours on it. thought it would have ran longer without trouble.

Replies8
  1. #1tool_king2020-02-20 19:49

    I will look them up .What is your email address so can send you the information.

  2. #2mg23612020-02-21 05:01

    Welcome to HEF Duckie ! Please post a serial number. Also is this a standard control or an "EH" machine?

  3. #3Vetech632020-02-21 06:21

    Ok, I’m saying it’s a rat issue lol. They just love to climb in your equipment and find a nice place to snuggle up with your wiring harness. Wiring insulation is evidently a great midnight snack.

  4. #4duckie10002020-02-21 09:47

    Hello Tool_Kink and thanks for responding, my email is [email protected]

  5. #5duckie10002020-02-21 09:54

    Hello mg2361, the machine is a "no frills,get-r-done" the serial for the machine is 1TO318EACEJ261344 and the engine is 4TNV98C-NJSL Sorry Tool_ King, for the type o, I meant the disrespect

  6. #6duckie10002020-02-21 09:58

    I wish that were true but these are Texas rats. Too damn lazy to climb on machines for any reason...unless the pay is good.

  7. #7mg23612020-02-22 05:12

    1/5 ECU 157.16 - Fuel Rail Pressure limiter open 2/5 ECU 522323.00 - Plugged air cleaner? 3/5 ECU 522596.09 - Communication Lost from ECU 4/5 ECU 522618.09 - Communication Lost from ECU 5/5 ECU 522600.09 - Communication Lost from ECU Inspect the wiring real good like Vetech said. Check your power and grounds to the ECU.

  8. #8Vetech632020-02-22 05:16

    What ^ says is gold.