this is a new load for me to operate ... I'm use to a T300 bobcat with hand foot controls... anyways the float function on the Kubota does work it seems to "POP' in ... like its fighting pressure to engage... I am trying to figure out how or when to pull the trigger.. It seems that having the arm up a few feet then while dropping it down it will engage. I am looking to make it more reliable ... it will not engage every time... Anybody have any things to try.
Bucket on ground, pilot control forward and held while pressing button. And, they say, never travel forward while boom is in float. It's all in the book.
It takes a bit to get used to doing it but after awhile it becomes easier. Just push forward on the stick and pull the trigger at the same time. I use float all the time on mine when I'm Harley raking in reverse and backblading/backdragging, so I use float a lot. I also tend to use it when I'm loading or constantly bucketing material, after I've dumped the bucket and I'm heading back to get another bucket of material I'll put it in float to loader the loader arms, it doesn't drag the rpms down because it's lowering under its own weight.
fantastic... thanks for the help!