Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2014 T770 oil filter question

wheel10 ยท 2024-03-29 21:19

Picked up a 2014 T770 at an auction last week. Decided to change all fluids and filters. Went to my dealer and got a box full of filters. When I got home I notices there were 2 oil filters in the box. One with a 6678233 part number and the other with 7319444. The one that was installed was a Napa filter. A quick search online with my serial number said it should be 7319444. But when I got the Napa filter off, i realized the stud screw was the small size and the 7319444 is large. The 6678233 looks like it will fit, but is specifically says for bobcat v3300 on it. I have the 3800 in this machine, correct? So now I'm all confused. Any help would be appreciated

Replies8
  1. #1ozarkag2024-03-29 21:28

    7319444 is the hydraulic filter On the engine oil filter 6678233 will fit. I believe this to be a 40 micron filter. 6675517 would be the 17 micron as spec'ed in newer machines.

  2. #2wheel102024-03-29 21:43

    Any idea why that filter specifically says "for bobcat v3300 only" on it then? Thanks

  3. #3ozarkag2024-03-29 22:04

    Don't know. We started just using the 17 micron version on all kubotas

  4. #4crewchief8882024-03-31 07:33

    6678233 is the eng oil filter the other is the hydraulic fan/charge filter

  5. #5wheel102024-03-31 12:01

    Got it. Spoke with the dealer again yesterday. They have no idea why it says v3300 engine only on that filter. They verified that it was for sure the correct oil filter for the v3800 engine as well. As for the hydraulic fan filter-the issue was bobcat show 2 filters for that spot. A 7319444 which looks like the oil filter only bigger and a 6692337 which is what my machine actually uses. They had given me both filters and I only needed the one

  6. #6rbrown2252024-04-01 20:20

    This is the the filter list for my 2011 T770. It is a tier 3 machine Qty Wix # Factory # Donaldson Engine oil filter 1 57730 6678233 P551042 Fuel filter 1 33192 6667352 P551039 Air filter - Outer 1 7286652 DBA5307 Hyd filter - Cooling Fan 1 6692337 P575347 Hyd Cap 1 6727475 Hyd filter - Main 1 7012314 Air filter - Inner 1 7010031 P636749

  7. #7John V2024-04-08 22:37

    Do you guys actually replace your hydraulic breather caps on a regular basis? My manual for my t740 says every 500 hrs

  8. #8crewchief8882024-04-09 17:34

    depends on the condition of the cap.