I have just received the high flow plug from SSG and after installing, I am not seeing the high flow symbol show up. Does the continuous flow have to be engaged for the high flow to also kick in?
Does your harness connector have a 14-pin plug.? Can you check which pins on the SSG high flow plug are jumpered. For a 14-pin plug .I think it should be B & K If you don't have the indicator the chances are that you don't have High Flow engaged.
Yes. It has the 14 pin plug and the pins that are jumped are K to B & K to N. I read in an older thread that someone was having this same issue and it ended up being a check valve. Do you know where this check valve would be? I do not have any diagrams.
Before going any further I would suggest a check to ensure that Pin B has good continuity to ground. The signal to the ECM to engage High Flow is when it "sees" ground on either Pin K or Pin N. In fact at the same time you could also test continuity from Pin K to Pin 45 on connector J1 of the ECM on wire C460 Blue and from Pin N to Pin 59 on connector J1 on wire C481 Green. If you want more information on how the HF system operates on your particular machine please post a Serial Number. I read that thread and can't determine whether or not the check valve spoken of was in the machine or in the attachment. Unfortunately the person who posted on that subject hasn't been seen for 5 years so it's unlikely you will receive any reply. This comment was interesting - "Don't know why it started working because I'm right back where I started with everything. Maybe something in the hydraulic block on the mulcher was stuck or clogged and the tinkering freed it up."
Sorry for the delayed response. The serial number is jjst01153.
As soon as you plug in the jumper and the connection is made from Pins K/N to Pin B the ECM should engage High Flow because it has been signalled to do so by connecting those two pins to ground. Have you checked the fuse & the relay for the HF.?
Nige, thanks for that. I pulled the fuse and inspected. Fuse looked fine but i replaced anyway and high flow is working now. Thanks again.
Might I suggest you source an Operation & Maintenance Manual.? The fuse info came from there, as well as all the necessary info regarding maintenance tasks. Here's a genuine OEM one for sale on eBay at about half of what you would pay from your local Cat dealer.