Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2015 cat 232d no crank no start

Driverof1 · 2022-10-25 23:50

Cat cat0232dvdpr00488 hasn’t run in a few years. When I turn the key on I’m am able to make all the dummy lights disappear except flashing yellow driver alert and park brake and engine condition solid yellow. Jumper plug in in front door is off. The primer pump runs when key turns on and hours display on rh side but the machine will not crank. Machine got road terribly hard and put up wet. What can I check? Let me know what clues you need. Thanks in advance. 2015232d

Replies5
  1. #192U 34062022-10-26 00:47

    Unfortunately you're most likely going to have to pull up a code so there's something to go off of.

  2. #2Nige2022-10-26 04:45

    Exactly. Question: Which of the illustrations below looks like your RH side control panel.?

  3. #3Driverof12022-10-26 08:52

    The lower is the one I have. I do not have the advanced display.

  4. #4Nige2022-10-26 09:15

    OK, so you are going to have to get someone out to download a PSR and list the Active Diagnostic Codes. If you had the Advanced Display you could've done it from that.

  5. #5Nige2022-10-26 17:03

    Thinking about it you might be better off financially biting the bullet and upgrading to the Advanced Display now. Depending on how far away you are from your nearest dealer it would save you the $$$$ of a service call to pull the Codes. If you want more details on what’s involved please ask.