Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2015 cat 257D display problems

rescuesitework904 · 2024-03-03 17:03

2015 Cat 257D please help. My display is stuck on Utility Update and I can not get it to change. I have taken the entire display out and unplugged the harness from the back and plugged it back in and it says the same thing. I can not get it to show my gauges

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2024-03-03 17:07

    Please post a Serial Number and a photo of your display. I assume it’s the Advanced LCD one.

  2. #2rescuesitework9042024-03-03 17:12

    SN EZW00786

  3. #3rescuesitework9042024-03-03 17:13

    LCD

  4. #4rescuesitework9042024-03-03 17:15

    The LCD does not turn off either. It stays on all the time

  5. #5Nige2024-03-03 18:26

    Can you elaborate on how the display came to get like that while I’m off digging for information.?

  6. #6Nige2024-03-03 20:16

    Try resetting the display. Key off Disconnect battery for 1 minute Reconnect battery Key on Press and hold the two outermost buttons on the display for 15 seconds

  7. #7rescuesitework9042024-03-04 11:22

    That did the trick. I did this yesterday not knowing this. Today I held the buttons down and counted the 15 seconds and the screen flashed 2 times with in the 15 seconds. Then it rebooted and was back to normal. Thank you so much for the help.

  8. #8Nige2024-03-04 11:45

    Don't thank me, thank @Cmark - he posted that procedure on another thread regarding a display. I just remembered and went searching for it.