Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2015 Jcb 427 HT EGR valve calibration

karlbradshaw ยท 2020-11-22 10:01

Hi, we've recently bought a 427 loader. Its not use much at the moment until its in service. It has just starting showing an Amber warning with a Q code (which I can't remember now), but when I checked in the week online it said EGR valve out of calibration. Haven't got a clue where to start. Does it need cleaning, or can the code be cleared? Or any explanation as to why its come one (lack of use, fuel). Thanks in advance. Karl

Replies2
  1. #1partsandservice2020-11-23 18:34

    I have no experience with the JCB. But in typical egr operation the ecu will run a calibration each time the key switch is cycled. I would remove the egr and clean it. It could just be stuck with black tar. If it is really bad gummed up ,go ahead and replace the egr cooler. Also make sure any porting to the egr valve is not clogged. Replacing the egr with new will likely require diagnostic software to calibrate.

  2. #2Nige2020-11-24 12:41

    If nobody else chimes in, try sending a PM to member "sfrs4". He seems to be well up on contacts in the UK for most makes and may be able to help you.