A couple of weeks ago, I was building a driveway for one of my clients when my T630 engine quit running. I restarted immediately and continued working for about 15 secounds and it quit again. I was able to get the track steer loaded and back to my shop with great difficulty. I changed out the fuel filter, repressurized the fuel system and tried to start the engine. Data center was throwing a code on the low rail fuel pressure. I unplugged the sensor and bled the injector lines to remove air pockets. Once again, the engine would start but would not stay running more than a few seounds. Last thing I tried was hooking the fuel supply line up to 5 gallon fuel can. i got the same results of the engine starting and running only a few seconds. Needing someone's great advise.
Those engines or notorious for injector failures. If you can use a rail cap and cap off one injector might run on three. Or check injector return flows. Should be very little to no return while cranking.
I had a similar issue. The fuel pump was not working so had a hard time starting but ran fine after it started. Changed fuel pump and now it starts right up but quits a few seconds later and keeps doing that. Any ideas?? It was running ok after starting before so I wouldn’t expect it to be the injectors.
How was the fuel pump diagnosed? It is very common to see injector failures, and rare to have a pump die. This is a Bobcat with Doosan engine as well, correct? Verify fuel supply is not restricted. There is no lift pump, so will be a vacuum. You could add a 12v lift pump to help diagnose.
The HP pump is in most cases the suspect of all failures, the injectors are just where you see it. Most likely there is metal debris in the Rail which comes from the HP Pump which kills the injectors. If someone would just put Injectors on, there would be "clogged" up within the next 500 Hours. Correct repair would be a whole Fuel System including all Tube lines and Return Lines, Fuel Filter and an Engine Oil Change.
Wash it, while you’re at it. lol