Hi Iv got a bomag bw160 Started today and moved a few feet. I turned machine off for a few minutes when I came back it wouldn’t release the handbrake nor travel back or fourth. 2 or 3 faults codes on dash and also none of the buttons on the joystick are working Checked all fuses,relays, wiring connections etc but to no joy Anyone ever have similar problems or even a diagram? Thanks
Need a machine serial number. Also check the seat safety switch...
Welcome to HEF Mark ! What he said ^^^^. Serial number please. Also is it an A3, AC, AD1 or AD2?
Went to it today after it been parked for weekend it started and drove no problem I parked it up and came back 5 mins later and problem back again joystick gone dead
Have you checked the seat switch yet? The machine is designed to not do a dam thing unless the operator is firmly planted in the seat. If I remember right its a 2 wire switch, and the harness plug is on the right lower side toward the back of the armrest. The switch should make a connection when it is pushed.
Hi, yes I even disconnected seat switch and bridged out the two terminals to elimate seat but no differ, Iv found if when I turn battery isolator off for a while and come back and start up it moves again but then lever goes dead when I turn off and back on again so I suspect maybe an ecu problem maybe?
Clean ALL the ground cable ends including the cable on the engine. It’s sounds like a ground problem.
Are there any codes displayed in the monitor? It will be a 4 digit number and it might scroll through more than one if there is more than one code. That model has the capability to do so. If so post them. If not I will try to explain how to get the stored codes if any.