Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2016 cat 236d park brake won’t release

Trevor236d ยท 2021-11-03 18:26

Hi all new to the forum I have a 2016 cat 236d the park break won't release its showing 70-3 code "park break switch voltage above normal" any help in pointing me in the right direction where to start to get it moving again would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2021-11-03 18:57

    I don't see a 70-3 in my book. -3, Voltage above normal means "open circuit". Either broken wire, bad ground, or failed component. To hazard a guess, the park brake switch is suspect. Orange remains grounded when switch is not depressed. When park brake switch is momentarily depressed, orange wire goes open and pink is temporarily grounded.

  2. #2Nige2021-11-04 15:37

    Here's the trobuleshooting procedure for CID0070 FMI03 for a 236D. If you want an electrical schematic to assist in your diagnosis it'll need the machine Serial Number to identify the correct one.

  3. #3heymccall2021-11-04 16:36

    The schematic is in my picture post, as an attachment.

  4. #4Trevor236d2021-11-04 19:53

    Thank you so much the help! The park break switch had a bad connection in the plug I dont know why I didn't start there I had it in my mind it was a bigger issue! Having a 40 week pregnant wife while trying to get these projects finished with the skid steer before baby probably isn't helping my brain think straight!! Thanks again.