Engine cranks runs excellent no blow back let it idle for 45 mins creeping around when you turn the engine speed up the light indicator looks like a diamond with a exclamation mark in it comes on and it goes back to idle HELP
Anyone out there that can help me PLEASE I just bought it I have 14 days to return if its major problem
Based on your description, you will need someone to connect to its computer and analyze the data, and read the codes. There is no way for you to get fault codes from that machine without having ET (Caterpillar's Electronic Technician) or its equivalent. Also, any correspondence on here should start with the machine serial number. There are so many variations, even on the same model, that a serial number is a MUST. Your picture of the warning symbol and dash was enough to provide an answer this time.
We need a S/N for sure. Cat doesn't use model years. We also need the event/fault code or else we're just tossing darts at a very large dartboard.
I am new here here is the serial #CAT0226DAHRD00606 what do you mean by event /fault code?
Thank you I will get the Cat dealer to look at it
OK, so now we know it’s a 226D skid steer. Do you even have a basic Operation Manual for it.? That shows you how to pull up diagnostics on it, if it is equipped with the option to do that. My feeling is that with how little you apparently know about how the machine systems operate you would be effectively signing a blank cheque if you took it to a dealer saying “I have no idea what’s wrong, fix this”. YMMV.
the light is flashing and to the left of the hours there is a little oblong bos looks like a wheel on each side is flashing another question the sight glass for the hydraulic shows about half could it be low and fluid?
correcting oblong box
Here's how you check the hydraulic oil level. Note there are two types of level indicator. Follow the instructions for whichever type is fitted on your machine. This is extracted direct from the Operation & Maintenance Manual that I strognly suggest you get hold of ASAP. I'll post you a "how to" below.
How to get an O&M Manual. 1. Look on online auction sites for Cat Publication reference SEBU9084. 2. Go to - https://catpublications.com/ When the popup appears click on Continue as Guest Type SEBU9084 in the box and click Search. The illustration below should appear.
How about snapping a photo of the panel and post it here..?
had the codes pulled 1st code 2795-3 Accelerator pedal code position sensor- Voltage above normal. you can un hook that sensor and use one on dash still does same thing when turn speed up cannot figure if its the sensor or in the wiring somewhere help
Sounds promising - "The diagnostic will generate a level 2 warning. Underspeed Control will be disabled and the hystat transmission will be limited to low speed." Here you go. You'll need a DMM and a set of spoons to back-probe the harness at various points for testing.
see the flashing box beside the meter also look at the cat print out most all the code or about voltage high or loe
You mean the circled symbol flashing..? That means the hour meter is working (counting).
From your other pic I don't see any Active Codes, but there were 2 instances of the Accel Pedal Position Sensor CID2795 FMI03 within the last 1 operating hour. See the Troubleshooting Procedure that I uploaded 2 posts up.
Thank you i'm at a stand still i do not want to take it cat dealer could it be in the electrical system
yes the fluid is full the throttle sensor is 300 dollars i hate to spend that and its not the problem
also its in 2nd gear anyone know how to change the gear with the keypad
If you are viewing this thread on a phone you may not be able to see the attachment I posted above. Get on a PC or laptop & download that attachment, it is the troubleshooting procedure that will help you determine if the sensor is bad or you simply have a connector with corrosion or condensation in it. Other than coming up there with my DMM & doing it for you there's not a lot more I can do for you. It's in your hands now.
It's all in the manual. See earlier "how to" posts. I suggest you get one.
got got it printing it now thank you
I got the attachment everything checked out took it to cat dealer 4800 dollars to replace the EGR VALVE 2600 FOR PARTS AND ABOUT 2200 FOR LABOR i bought a service manual i could replace it but it would have to be calibrated
hello the 2791-10 code has occ 35 times the cat dealer wanting to replace the whole EGR system in the service manual got a section on cleaning the EGR and cleaning the exhaust gas relirulation valve got any advice they asling 5k to replace it
I got the attachment everything checked out took it to cat dealer 4800 dollars to replace the EGR VALVE 2600 FOR PARTS AND ABOUT 2200 FOR LABOR i bought a service manual i could replace it but it would have to be calibrated