Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2016 kw t800 power window short “PLEASE HELP”

irmtruck ยท 2017-01-04 19:31

I'll start with my name Ivan, now on to the problem. Truck only has a power window on the passenger side, the motor is always getting power, as if some one was holding the button to make the window go up, but there is no one holding it, some how murphy's law applied it's self on this truck. I changed the window motor, of course the other one burned up, about $400 down the drain :Banghead, good thing i'm only working on the truck, but the owner was not a happy camper. I disconnected passenger and driver side switches, it still has power, i disconnected the module and checked some of the wires, i get 12 volt signals when the power switches are flipped up or down. There is also one ground at the connector and two power wires, this powers are always on even with the ignition in off. There is also more wires that i don't know what to do with cause i don't know what they are for and that is were the problem is. I am looking for the expertise of a really good truck technician, if you can help me I will appreciate it.

Replies3
  1. #1Old Doug2017-01-04 20:01

    I cant offer you any help but this is what we did. The place i worked bought a KW and its passenger window didnt work. The motor was bad so i replaced it and it steal didnt work so after finding out it may cost $800.00 more to make it work we gave up. The driver of this truck keeps it spot less and you cant do that if you open the windows. I think they needs to be laws aginst makeing simple things so costly and hard to repair.

  2. #2Truck Shop2017-01-04 21:15

    Check the power distribution box for a power window relay. The windows should be able to operate with the key in the off position. Truck Shop

  3. #3Truck Shop2017-01-04 22:36

    I said the windows should operate with key off that is incorrect only in the on position. I confused that with something else. Truck Shop