Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2017 New Holland L220 Questions Heat & Boom Stops

splashgtp ยท 2019-01-30 03:24

Looking for some advise 1) Heat blowing out of vents doesn't seem to ever get any hotter than your breath. This is with the fan on high, dial maxed on hot and coolant at operating temp of 160F. The temperature dial does kill all heat when turned to cold. The only thing I have to compare with, is my Case 580sl. Once that is warmed up, it gets uncomfortably hot. This is with fan on lowest speed and a lot of cab leaks. I suspect the heater hose valve may not be opening all the way. I can't tilt the cab in my heated garage. I don't want to diagnose outside, just to find out everythings ok and the heater just sucks. 2) Everytime when plowing snow, I get this loud screeching (sounds similar to dry pins if you every operated someones machine who thinks grease is optional) when boom is down wiggles on the stops. It starts shortly after snow spills over the back of bucket. I believe the noise is being caused by the boom rubbing on the now moist frozen plastic stops. This doesn't happen in the summer or when raining. Thanks in advance

Replies4
  1. #1Vetech632019-01-30 07:07

    I know nothing about your particular machine. That said......have you checked at the heater hose connections at the engine for shutoff valves? It could be your blend valve also.

  2. #2Bls repair2019-02-07 16:36

    Heater core could also be clogged.

  3. #3KSSS2019-02-07 20:01

    There is an electronic valve under your feet that reads the dial on the control panel. I would guess that might be out. I lost one in a TR320.

  4. #4DIYDAVE2019-02-07 20:32

    First thing to check is the amount of coolant in system. heater cores are most often the highest point in system. if level is low, or HC is air-bound, you'll never get heat...