I'm looking at a new 367 from Western Peterbilt in Cosmopolis. It has disc brakes on truck and drum brakes on the trailer I hear from a lot of guys that that is bad and nobody seems to have purchased that truck yet it has been on the lot for over a year. They're making me an excellent deal on it and I was curious if there are any issues with the disc / drum combo or what the cost would be to upgrade the trailer to disc as it is all brand new with log gear.
https://www.thetruckersreport.com/t...reads/disc-brake-trailer-drum-tractor.822087/
I’ve run disc on the steer, drum everywhere else with no issues. I’ve run disc truck and drum trailer with no issues. I’ve run drum trucks and my disc 13 axle with no issues. I can’t fathom why it would matter. Disc are bada$$ but probably not worth the cost to upgrade the trailer. If it’s a deal jump on it. If nothin else it’s a few less grease zerks
That's what I figured also, the proportioning valve does all the regulation so there should be no real differences.
Our fleet has disc/drum and some disc on both none of the drivers or rigs have had any issues. Truck Shop
What proportioning valve, if you mean the ABS regulator valves yes you are correct
Ya, I wasn't sure of the correct name.
2.5 years no problems disc on truck drums on trailer. how you been Haulback ?
There are lots of farm trailers down here in the Central Valley so old they still have air apply park brakes (no maxis) of course being pulled by brand new trucks because that is all you can run in California.
Been doin good, how about you? I think I lost my mind though as I have three or four trucks now and just bought another one day before yesterday.
Ain't nobody in here of full faculties!! We all continue to buy and build as we can, if that ain't nuts I will eat my old hat!!