Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2017 T800 KW Door handle

Old Doug ยท 2025-08-08 19:55

The passenger out side door handle has a bunch of play in it . It steal works but is the handle broken or something else in the the door ? If I know it was the handle I would order a new one and have it ready when I tear into it.

Replies3
  1. #1Coaldust2025-08-08 20:56

    The inner frame work inside the door falls apart. Rivets break or everything cracks. Sometimes you can install new rivets, or add extra braces or glue it back together with 3M auto body adhesive. Occasionally, they get so bad, I replace the door. Be prepared for disappointment when you tear into it.

  2. #2Truck Shop2025-08-08 21:43

    Those outside handles are pricey but cheaply made, planned obsolescence. Unless it's had constant use the outside handle/latch will rust up, then when extra force is used it gives out. Not hard to change, just time consuming.

  3. #3Old Doug2025-08-09 08:17

    I guess I will have to take the door panel lose look inside and see what is wrong . The truck is ran 6 days a week and I am about 2 hours from any parts .