Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2017 TB240 Project

Fordman · 2025-12-27 08:32

I'm going to start a thread of going through my new ritchie bros auction purchase. Gave 21.5 for it, Probably too much. 2017 Takeuchi TB240, 3 Werk Brau Buckets & coupler, thumb, 3500 Hours. Replaced Cab glass yesterday -Biggest issue is the Coupler is loose within the quick attach, is there anyway I can tighten it? I think I'm going to put dipper bushings in and see what pins it needs aswell while its torn apart.

Replies6
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-12-27 10:00

    Nice little machine. Around here, with the buckets and such, in that condition, that’s a pretty good price, even if it’s sloppier than my first wife. Previous owner may have used the wrong pins in the bucket and worn out the coupler. If it were mine, I would probably try and weld it up and refinish. Not sure if I could do it in my mill or by hand. Certainly would be on the lookout for a reasonably priced replacement.

  2. #2masterwelder2025-12-27 10:18

    Werk Brau is a very reputable company and at least in my case being very supportive of their products. If it were me, I would start with WB and see what they say as far as a rebuild procedure and final tolerance(s). If that goes nowhere you can at least get a price on a replacement. More than likely it will be an old school hand weld and mill job on the side facing the operator. I’ve been surprised by what info some of the better manufacturers will supply to make it easier and/or to verify tolerances, metallurgy, etc. On the opposite side some parts are likely replaceable and they can break it down for you.

  3. #3Fordman2025-12-28 08:38

    I’m going to reach out to week beau tomorrow. Coupler is completely tweaked and broke a weld. Pins don’t show much wear so I hope the slope might come out with some new bushings.

  4. #4HarleyHappy2025-12-28 11:05

    Can either cut those bosses off and weld new ones in, with spec pin, for line up, or bore out holes and install some good bushings. Not a very hard fix but is time consuming.

  5. #5Fordman2025-12-29 14:17

    After those responses I have a good plan on my mind for the bushings. Biggest thing that has this coupler near replacement is the front pin to rear pin clearance, the coupler itself is a little egg shaped and therefore has the majority of slop from the coupler is coming from there. So I’m thinking maybe buy some 35mm bushings and maybe cut them in half and weld them over the coupler mouth?

  6. #6masterwelder2025-12-31 09:30

    If you go with “bushings“ they will likely be hard and welding will be difficult and make them brittle. In that location ductility is the preferred characteristic. The bucket pin dose not turn in that location but is sbject to impact while coupling. Having a somewhat softer and wearable material will be better than a hard and brittle one. One thought if you still want to go the route of an insert would be cold rolled seamless tube and cut your sections out of that. Personally I prefer to weld it up and mill it back to spec.