Hi my name is Clayton, I am a diesel tech here in Manitoba Canada and I am currently stumped. I have a 2018 CAT 299D2 XPS So far this problem that I am dealing with has only happened twice but when ever I park the machine outside in the cold I will say it is very cold here right now but when I go out to start the machine it will not turn over. I boost it with a truck or booster pack and lots of power but no crank Haven’t put cat et on it but on the advanced screen there is no codes. So I hope someone can help me. thank you
A long shot if it was power washed and a start relay or even the solenoid is filled with water and ice of course it could be any of the safetys I would start by seeing if the starter is assesable and check the start signal there and work back
Welcome Clayton. Got to start somewhere... what Jonas mentioned is as gooder place as any. With ET you'll also be able to see if the interlock switches are working (door, left arm rest, bum on seat).
Thank you Jonas, I will start looking into that.