When working out in the yard yesterday after tearing down some trees and moving water totes I noticed an unusual noise coming from the front boom section across the cab when only lifting up.... I just greased the boom a week ago and haven't ran the machine in about 2 weeks. I noticed it started about 2 hours of working with it. I had it idled up and it only makes that noise on the boom not tilting or lowering.... any ideas on what's goin on fellas?... could it be cavitation? is it normal? maby an external bearing in the front of the boom?
If you can get a second person to help identify where the sound is coming from that would be good. Do you think tearing down the trees could have caused it?
yes I may get a friend over here to help me with that. so update on that I ran the machine for about 2 hours yesterday and the noise seemed to be lessening.... soo idk... now I wasn't tearing up ad many trees yesterday. but im thinking maby 80% it being cavitation.... and I mean we're being pretty demanding on the hydrualic system the other day when this started but yesterday wasn't nearly as hard on it. but its def. coming from the front of the boom. I'm gona re grease the grease points again and see if it goes away or not.