Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2019 JD 324L Trouble Codes

grnmtndigger · 2025-02-23 08:16

Morning, I have a 2019 JD 324L (1LU324LXPZB055469) that is throwing 3 codes, 522401.2, 522401.9 and 3289.11. 522401.2 - is a active a speed sensor code. This sensor has been changed at least 3 times according to the records I have. The speed sensor part number that is in the machine now, I believe is LW12275145, that part number is superseded by LW3916171, is this last part number the fix to the speed sensor issue? 522401.9 - I'm not sure what this code is but I'm assuming it's related to the 522401.2 code? It popped up a few times and then I didn't see it again. 3289.11 - I'm not sure what this one is either. It seems this would pop up if I went much above 5 mph. It then would sound a long beep, STOP would be displayed on the screen and would act like the trans Wes in neutral. If I came to a stop in neutral, it would reset and I could continue on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies11
  1. #1mg23612025-02-24 05:31

    522401.09 (the way these codes should be displayed) - Transmission output shaft speed fault 3289.11 - Transmission gear feedback sensor 3 sensors? I would suspect a wiring issue. Check your messages.

  2. #2grnmtndigger2025-02-24 11:13

    mg2361 thank you. I know that the transmission output shaft speed sensor is plastic, the end looks good and is clean. I have unplugged the connectors, the wires and terminals look good, no corrosion and the terminals are coated with dielectric grease. I will have to depin the connectors to verify where the wire meets the terminal is secure. I see no signs of chafing on the exposed wires or the harness. I have also inspected the 2 shift solenoid connectors, and those look good as well. I will have to separate the solenoids to check for corrosion. I do believe these shifts solenoids have been replaced before as well. I hope to be back to the machine later this afternoon, if not, it’ll be tomorrow morning. Thanks again.

  3. #3grnmtndigger2025-02-25 10:14

    By any chance, do you have the ohm readings of those two sensors? I’d like to test them to confirm they are good or bad. Thank you.

  4. #4mg23612025-02-25 11:57

    Unfortunately, no, they did not publish those specs.

  5. #5grnmtndigger2025-02-25 13:29

    OK, thank you.

  6. #6grnmtndigger2025-02-26 06:31

    I have one wire that is questionable on the chassis harness side of the transmission output shaft speed sensor just outside of the connector. Do you happen to know the manufacture of the connector and terminals? I’d like to trim the wires back and put new terminals on. Thanks Edit: Manufacture is TE Connectivity Series - Amp Superseal

  7. #7mg23612025-02-26 11:56

    Looks like you answered your own question.

  8. #8Simon C2025-02-27 17:58

    Wondered what you thought of Dielectric Grease? I have had some problems with it creating too much insulation between some kinds of connectors. They definitely don't go rusty, but have found poor connection in and out of them for power some times. I don't use most of the time. Your thoughts. Simon C

  9. #9mg23612025-02-28 04:58

    I use dielectric grease more as a lubricant for the connector bodies and not for the actual terminals. Dielectric grease is actually classified as an insulator.

  10. #10Simon C2025-02-28 09:41

    So people are using it as a conductor and problems can follow. Good for connector bodies to be easier to come apart, but not good on pins agreed. Simon C

  11. #11grnmtndigger2025-03-03 07:27

    Ended up changing both the shift position sensor and transmission output shaft speed sensor. Machine is up and running as it should for now. Apparently, this is a very common problem with these Liebherr loaders. Deere, Liebherr and Dana/Spicer are actively trying figure out why the failure rate of these two sensors are so high. In the mid-west, Deere has a “special allowance” to aid customers in the cost of the repair because there has been so many failures. It seems that it’s the northern states where these loaders get used for snow removal that are having the most problems.