Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2019 John Deere 26 g mini ex.Is there an on/off valve or switch for auxiliary hydro circuit?

Big Phil · 2025-03-31 12:57

I have a 2019 John Deere 26g mini ex. Just installed a generic thumb kit hooked it all up to Auxiliary hydraulic lines. But I get no thumb movement.

Replies20
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-03-31 14:59

    Maybe you are in one way flow. See Operators manual info below for auxiliary selector valve positions. . https://techinfo-omview.apps-prod-v...loud.com/omview/omt361084x19/09001faa82a243ac .

  2. #2Big Phil2025-03-31 15:11

    no, its in two way flow. selector valve is positioned correctly. operators manual has very limited info. Only thing I can think of is someone shut off the aux. hydro circuit somehow or maybe a big air bubble in the cylinder? I don't know, but thanks for the reply diesel Dave!

  3. #3Diesel Dave2025-03-31 15:40

    Fuse #7 is good ? See auxiliary portion of 26G electrical schematic screenshot below. .

  4. #4Big Phil2025-03-31 18:19

    Yes fuse 7 is good

  5. #5Diesel Dave2025-03-31 18:33

    Does anything happen using the trigger switch ?

  6. #6Big Phil2025-03-31 19:43

    Nothing with either trigger or slide. Hoses don’t jump like they would if fluid under pressure was being switched on and off.

  7. #7Big Phil2025-03-31 19:49

    I do get some oil if I crack the hose loose slightly. (At hose/ thumb cylinder connection) only a few drops with it not running.

  8. #8Diesel Dave2025-03-31 20:03

    With key on only , Do you hear the solenoid clicking when using the trigger switch ?

  9. #9Big Phil2025-03-31 20:16

    Hey diesel Dave thanks, that was it. It was the number seven fuse. It’s working now now. I just gotta figure out how to set the relief pressure. Thanks again.

  10. #10Big Phil2025-03-31 20:34

    I was thinking it was the 30 amp fuse for a solenoid that controlled the auxiliary. The number seven fuse I removed on purpose because it’s also for that travel alarm. Which is annoying as hell so I pulled the fuse so I wouldn’t have to listen to it.

  11. #11Big Phil2025-04-01 14:07

    Thanks again for your help diesel dave! Do you know if the auxiliary relief pressure is factory set lower than the bucket. Or is that something I have to do?

  12. #12Diesel Dave2025-04-01 16:03

    I don’t have any circuit relief valve specs but I doubt very much the auxiliary circuit relief is set significantly lower than the bucket circuit relief.

  13. #13Big Phil2025-04-01 16:05

    All right, is that something I want to do in order to protect the thumb cylinder from getting damaged? And if so, how would I go about doing that?

  14. #14Diesel Dave2025-04-01 16:15

    Yes, you may need to lower the pressure on the thumb cylinder barrel end circuit releif valve. Did the thumb supplier recommend a pressure for the thumb close function ?

  15. #15Diesel Dave2025-04-01 16:31

    The circuit relief valve pressure settings may be marked on the releif valve (on a metal band possibly) . If not ,HEF member @mg2361 may be able to advise the 26G auxiliary pressure settings. The bottom line is, to prevent thumb cylinder damage, the thumb cylinder rod must retract when the bucket curl forces on the thumb tines.

  16. #16mg23612025-04-02 05:39

    There is no published spec for auxiliary relief settings. Only thing written in the spec sheet is to set reliefs to the attachment manufacturers specification. Thumb cylinders are typically set to 1700 psi.

  17. #17Big Phil2025-04-02 14:26

    Thank you both, much appreciated!

  18. #18Big Phil2025-04-02 16:11

    Any idea which of these valves is for the auxiliary circuit? All the hoses are numbered, but I don’t have a schematic specifying which hose goes to what?

  19. #19Diesel Dave2025-04-02 16:58

    https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/284/referrer/navigation/pgId/8903410 . .

  20. #20Big Phil2025-04-03 18:55

    Thanks again Diesel Dave!