Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2020 Cat 279 D3 No power to glow plugs

Kahnpound ยท 2025-01-27 18:55

My 2020 Cat 279D3 will not start when it's cold outside. I have no voltage at the glow plug bus bar but the glow plug light comes on inside the cab. Here is what I have done so far: - tested for voltage at the glow plug bus bar - 0 volts - Tested the 50a fuse behind the fuel filter - not blown - Cleaned entire fuse block containing the 50a and 100a fuses - Tested for voltage at the 50a fuse - Same as battery voltage 12.6v - Removed the relay behind the fuse block and checked for corrosion, I did not check for voltage on the pins yet, not sure what pin Where do I go from here? It was warmer today and it cranked for a bit but did start and runs great All help greatly appreciated

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2025-01-27 18:57

    Post a Serial Number. "2020 Cat 279D3" doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. You will need an electrical schematic. Tag along with this thread on the same subject which is ongoing at this point in time - HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2CM19952025-01-27 19:04

    Welcome to the Forums Kp! Glad to have you. You are in good hands with Nige, the only advice I can give is follow everything he asks.

  3. #3Kahnpound2025-01-27 20:17

    The serial number is RB901664

  4. #4Nige2025-01-27 20:52

    Check your message inbox for an electrical schematic.