Have a newer Cat excavator with 550 hours that just had the 500 hour service and started throwing the code in the title. I’ve messaged the dealer but being the weekend I haven’t gotten a response. Photo attached on screen. What do I need to start checking first?
Please post a machine Serial Number to assist in looking up information such as a troubleshooting procedure.
GWT01697
J132-15 is basically low boost pressure. By chance did it start throwing the Code right after the machine went back to work after the service.? If it did I would be looking closely at the MAF Sensor and its associated wiring. I would also suggest to take a good look at the air filter elements to ensure they are correctly installed and not restricting intake air flow. See the attachment Pages 8 & 9
See this attachment which is the R&I procedure for the MAF Sensor to give you an idea where it is located. Note the comment regarding correct orientation of the sensor. I have no idea if it was disassembled or not but also something to check. It looks as though you may have to swing the radiator out to gain access to the intake piping and the MAF sensor.
Yes, within 4 hours it threw the code. I turned it off and restarted and ran fine for about 10 min before going back into limp mode. I pulled the air filter apart and didn’t see anything concerning and the outer filter seems new. What would you do first to check? Do you think this is a dealer service issue?
500-odd hours. Surely it’s still under warranty.?
It’s all on the first attachment posted above.
It is, will look to hear from the dealership tomorrow. Was going to try and check it out myself if it was easy.
My 2c. YMMV. If the dealer did the service then my first call in your position would be to them, holiday weekend permitting. If not, then you should double check the work of whoever did the service before calling the dealer. This Event can inhibit regen of the DPF and so should not be taken lightly. It could have potentially serious consequences.
The dealer did the service work and I have reached out to both the manager and tech who did the work. Hope to hear back from one of them tomorrow.