I had a pin making a screeching sound and thought it was the lower tilt cylinder pin. Put probably half a tube of grease in it. Ended up being the top cylinder pin which doesn’t have a grease fitting. Had to take it apart and put grease in it. Going to do the other side tomorrow. I have a 2022 Case TV370B with only 40hrs. It is ok to grease these pins? They don’t have a grease fitting and come with no grease from the factory.
Looking at the parts book, the bottom bushings get lubed through the pin. Top and bottom bushings are the same so there is no problem greasing them all. I ran across some bushings in the past that were not steel, but nylon coated bushing and were NOT to be greased. I drilled them out and installed zerks in them and greased them with no problems.
How does it get greased through the pin without a grease fitting? I had to take the pin out and put grease on it and reassemble it.
Look at each end of the pin. There should be a countersunk hole in the end and a zerk screwed into it. It could be covered up with dirt. The pins I am talking about are on the coupler.
Correct bottom pins have grease fittings top don’t
My understanding is that the upper pins are a not needing grease and this was done to prevent the operator from rubbing up against them entering and leaving the cab and getting grease on themselves. that's what i was told from the dealer years back.
I guess if you want to make those to take grease it is your option. However they are not made to obviously. If you have a new machine, my suggestion is not to drill it out to take grease. If there is an issue with the top of the cylinder squeaking, run it through warranty and let them replace the nylon if it is defective. I have had 6 Alphas and Bravo machines and have never had the need or desire to grease the top of the tilt cylinder.
I looked at the bushings and everything looked great. There was a tiny amount of rust on the pins. I greased them up and reinstalled and everything works great. Probably same thing the dealer would have done.
We have had 3 Case machines with that setup and anytime those pins start to squeak, a quick shot of WD40 takes care of it. I know it sounds crazy but it works. And we don’t have to do it very often.