Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

207d engine

Bigbubba79 · 2020-11-15 15:35

I’m not too familiar with how things are done on this forum, but I figured this would get the word out to those who might b interested or have suggestions. i have a case 580c, 207d engine block available. I recently replaced it with a 188, bc the 207 threw a rod; block probably not usable unless you know how to plug a hole. I’ve seen it done but I won’t get into that here. Long and sort of it is I have it. Fuel pump is still good on it, alternator, etc. if interested let me know. I’d like to recoup a little of the co$t of replacing/fixing the 188, but I’d also b happy to help someone whose looking for some hard to find parts. The alternator came off of the old 188. I swapped The one off of the 207. I never checked if the 188s alternator worked. I’ll attach a couple of pics.

Replies3
  1. #1Doug Brown2020-12-02 11:50

    I will be rebuilding my 207 right after the first of the year. Mine over heated I hope the head is still good. I will let you know if I need anything Thank you

  2. #2Bigbubba792020-12-16 15:48

    I’ve been there before; I just took the fuel pump off of it. Let me know ASAP if you’re interested in any parts. I’m gonna start scrapping what I can. Time to Clean up the yard! good luck w the rebuild!

  3. #3Doug Brown2020-12-16 22:26

    As soon as we get a little warmer weather i will get it tore down. When I'm ready I'll let you know. Thanks