Need a bit of tips and advice, i am trying to split my 20mm down product in the quarry, moisture is the killer for me, im running it through an Evoquip 600 with a square mesh, have fingers on the decks also, but the 10mm deck just keeps clogging. in summer it is sound, minute we get wet, which is often, it clogs. Any tips guys???. We run an R105 mcloskey also but use that for our type 1 an clean 3/5" production. slate quarry. I just need to make dust and try to keep my 10mm and 20mm gravels. Any tips greatly appreciated. Trying not to spend more £££££ on a wash plant so soon
Maybe look at harp wire screens, as a quick solution. There's less crosswires, less surface area to stick to. They tend to vibrate significantly more shedding sticky material. If you can, check your vibratory housing. See what your amplitude is set at. Most scalpers are set default to high amplitude low frequency with the idea that the end user is gonna feed it everything from shot-rock to clumpy dirt and clay. Since you're focusing on a specific product from a pre-sized feed material, you can fine tune your decks to work for you and the material you're working with. good luck
Thank you Great advice and much appreciated.
I know it's been quite some time since you asked this question, I just joined and wanted to get a little info from you. What is the density of your 20mm minus? Is it high in clay content? How many tons per hour are you wanting to screen of the 20mm minus? As funwithfuel mentioned, amplitude is often preset from the factory as well as the frequency, depending on your response there could also be other solutions for your application. I know I'm late to the party, if your still dealing with these issues please reach out.