Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

210G loosing power

southernman13 · 2025-04-15 17:45

New issue. Has been running great got on it this afternoon and within an hour it started loosing power it would fluctuate. It would drop down to like 800 RPMs and kind of chug a lug and then go back up. There was no messages no warning signs nothing came on said to say that there was any kind of problem. No fault codes I checked the messages every time it happened and it wouldn’t come up with any kind of issue. No when I run the RPMs on the screen not watch the RPMs on the monitor it says the DPF filter level all the bars are lit up, so maybe I need to clean that I don’t know anything about that but I do know it has an automatic mode right now. I have it on manual. That’s what it was on so maybe that’s the issue I don’t know if I should run a regen on it and if I do need to do that, how do I go about that or how do I know if it’s doing the regen it doesn’t have DEF but it has a DPF filter. I didn’t see any leaks anywhere like as in fuel it wasn’t sputtering. It would just lose RPMs so I’m thinking maybe that’s the issue is the DPF I’ve never had a dealing with something like that any thoughts thank you.

Replies34
  1. #1mg23612025-04-16 12:01

    Did you check for codes via the "Service Menu"?

  2. #2southernman132025-04-16 12:10

    No sir I’ll do that now

  3. #3southernman132025-04-16 12:22
  4. #4funwithfuel2025-04-16 12:48

    OMRG38059

  5. #5funwithfuel2025-04-16 12:48

    Just a little something I found to give you an idea.

  6. #6southernman132025-04-16 13:02
  7. #7southernman132025-04-16 13:03

    Awesome. Thank you. Most were the coolant levels And fuel pressure I was dealing with prior. The 157-01 was low fuel rail pressure but that was probably when the supply line was a little plugged

  8. #8funwithfuel2025-04-16 13:04

    MG2361 gonna be yer go to guy for that mess.

  9. #9southernman132025-04-16 13:09

    Yes sir I’m sure he’s busy and will chime in when he has time !! Hopefully !

  10. #10funwithfuel2025-04-16 13:13

    According to Google, those are machine codes, not engine or emissions.

  11. #11southernman132025-04-16 14:12

    Tenfo.

  12. #12southernman132025-04-16 18:27

    May have it figured out. It’s seemed like a fuel issue even though it didn’t alert like it did prior to this. I removed the supply line from the filter to the tank and blew through it again. Started it up and it ran funky for a few seconds. Once it cleared up it been good to go. I’ve ran it for over an hour and no issue. It took a few seconds before I heard the line clear back to the tank when I blew it out. I believe I have trash in the tank. So far so good. Thanks for all the replies and help! This forum rocks!!

  13. #13mg23612025-04-16 18:57

    The 94.18, 157.01 and the 1569.31 are all related. They could also be caused by a fuel restriction in the supply side. Clear all those codes. Run it and if something happens, see if any codes return. Blowing back into the tank may have fixed it for now, however, what ever you blew out will most likely return to the scene of the crime.

  14. #14southernman132025-04-16 19:08

    Absolutely! If I can get finished I plan on draining the tank. You’re correct I’m sure it’ll make its way back to the scene of the crime.

  15. #15HarleyHappy2025-04-17 06:56

    At least you got a handle on the problem.

  16. #16Simon C2025-04-17 10:29

    Get a pail vacuum with a hose into the bottom of the tank and I bet you will find some stuff coming out of bottom. Small pieces of plastic or something like that. Simon C

  17. #17Simon C2025-04-17 10:31

    You can vacuum with a stiff hose the bottom very well with most of the fuel still in tank. Saves a lot of work draining and cost of fuel. It's what I do. Simon C

  18. #18southernman132025-04-17 10:40

    Tenfo sounds good. I have vacuumed them before but not with fuel in it. Makes sense!

  19. #19Simon C2025-04-18 10:27

    I usually tie wrap the hose going to the bottom to a 3/8 piece of straight bar that is easy to move around at the bottom. Simon C

  20. #20Gary Layton2025-04-18 11:15

    It sounds like you are saying you can use a shop vacuum and vacuum debris from the bottom of a full tank of diesel...without emptying the fuel from the tank? This kind of vacuum? I googled "pail vacucum" but nothing specific came up. Seems you would be vacuuming lots of diesel into the shop vac. What am I not understanding? I did find the video below...with a different vac source. Seems like a regular shop/vac could be dangerous.

  21. #21Simon C2025-04-18 13:44

    Top of a 20 liter pail has 2 caps. I hook up my 10 foot 3/4 ID clear hose with tape to the top of pail through big hole by 5 inches. I tape that Clear hose to the vacuum hose with duct tape. Now put a 3/8 hose through the small hole on pail. I usually drill it out with a uni-bit and squeeze the small 3/8 clear hose through the hole and put down towards bottom of pail. The small clear hose is about 15 feet long to make easy to work with. Ty-Wrap the small clear hose to a long steel rod with it 1 inch sticking past end of steel rod for vacuuming the bottom of tank with vacuum on. The large clear hose is to give you protection if any fuel decides to want to go into the vacuum suck line. ( you will see it ) If the small clear hose stops sucking for any reason it means there is a chunk of plastic or garbage stuck on end. That is what I use. You can also do the same off of the 2 plugs on the top of a 45 gallon drum. Simon C

  22. #22southernman132025-04-18 19:24

    Well I vacuumed it out with fuel in it. I probably took out 6-8 gal. It was already low so that was good. Didn’t get a ton of stuff out of it probably maybe a quarter cup of stuff maybe and it was like some rust and dirt or stuff whatever nothing big so I was kind of disappointed, but you can’t see nothing in there. I put a flashlight taped it to a piece of aluminum rod, stuck it down in there. I just couldn’t see anything, but I vacuumed it out probably four times blew back through the hose from the filter And vacuumed it some more so anyway right off the bat when I started it up, it started acting up and I ran it for about four hours and it acted up often on the whole time. It seemed to get better but it probably wouldn’t run more than 30 minutes without acting up and it didn’t act up long But it would act up so somethings going on. I just don’t know what and I checked the codes under the service side of the monitor had no codes and never flashed anything or did anything so basically I still have a problem. I may have to call the John Deere guy out here with his computer. It just seems like it’s something it’s something simple it’s I would say it’s fuel related. Maybe the fuel pump is losing power I don’t know by myself so I can’t check everything.

  23. #23funwithfuel2025-04-18 19:28

    Can you rig up a stand alone fuel source? Like a 5 gallon can or bigger. If you can, make sure you run return back to your source or your gonna run dry real quick.

  24. #24southernman132025-04-18 19:35

    There were no engine codes only main codes which it had before but they’re in differnt order

  25. #25funwithfuel2025-04-18 19:38

    I can't tell if you're suffering from fuel starvation or pump not destroking.

  26. #26southernman132025-04-18 19:41

    I can but I’m heading back to Tn in the am and won’t be back for prob 2-3 Wks. I used it all afternoon. It was aggravating but was able to get don’t what I needed to do. Grand baby’s first Easter this weekend. She’s 15months old and I wouldn’t miss that for anything lol!! Of course all kinds of crap in the way after that hehe. Wish I could stay and play with it. I mean when u pull the line off from filter it just pours out. It’s not a constant loss of power. It just arbitrarily loses power ever once in a while. It’s just really weird.

  27. #27southernman132025-04-18 19:59

    It’s never eluded to that. But it acts oike fuel to me. It’ll just fall flat on its face like down to 800 ish rpm’s. Doesn’t seem to be under a load. Most of the time it doesn’t last long less than 30 seconds and then takes of again. Idk

  28. #28southernman132025-04-18 20:03

    Unless some of the codes from the main screen have anything to do with it. It it did it probably 20 times in the 3-4 hour period I used it this afternoon

  29. #29mg23612025-04-19 07:08

    11003.03 - Abnormal sensor voltage. I believe this code is a result of the other two codes. The other two are for the boom up pilot pressure sensor.

  30. #30southernman132025-04-19 07:39

    I’m not sure what all that means lol but maybe the pub isn’t de-stroking as FWF suggest because it does go down to around 800 RPMs normally and idles around 12 I kind of makes sense but there’s no codes pointing in that direction less that boom sensor could have something to do with it IDK

  31. #31southernman132025-04-19 07:54

    I never thought about it, but if I were to lift the pilot control lever that allows you to operate the machine if I were to lift that when it started acting up, that would take the hydraulic pump out of the situation and if it was not de stroking, it was de stroking That it should go back to acting warm. Is that correct? Does that make any sense?

  32. #32mg23612025-04-19 08:29

    I would concentrate on a fuel delivery issue. Try a separate supply as FWF mwntioned.

  33. #33southernman132025-04-19 08:56

    Tenfo

  34. #34LCA0782025-04-21 13:27

    The suck bucket, courtesy of @willie59 . Very useful tool. HeavyEquipmentForums