Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

210G pump hose

southernman13 · 2025-02-22 16:21

Have a hose on the left side of pump that’s leaking. It’s not completely broke yet but will be lol. I’m not there to do the job. He sent me a pic. Tryin to figure out if it will drain the tank when removed or if it only has fluid when running. Also if this is a John Deere specific hose or can it be made at hud shop. The bottom elbow in the pic looks like it could be tighter radius that a regular fitting. I know I’ve ran into that with our Komatsu excavator and loader.

Replies19
  1. #1Shimmy12025-02-22 16:31

    Our Napa carries those flange ends. If you're worried about the oil. If you can get a new end, or even a straight one, cut it off, pinch it off, and weld closed to make a plug. Hook a shop vac up to the tank fill before loosening the hose. You will not lose a drop if you take your time pulling it away from the pump to let the suction pull the oil away.

  2. #2southernman132025-02-22 16:57

    Tenfo. Not worried about the flanged end in the pump I know they have that one. It’s the other end just don’t know if it’s a special tight radius. I know I’ve replaced hoses on our PC200-8 that went to the valve bank and they had very specific flanged ends that we had to get from Komatsu. They were different in length and angle. I’ve heard of the vacuum thing never have tried it. He don’t have power where it’s at. But may have a generator. Thanks !

  3. #3funwithfuel2025-02-22 17:42

    Do you have a compressor available? The cheapo AC vacuum pump that runs off air is all you need. 65-70 psi will maintain 17-20" of vacuum in the tank. All I ever use. Good luck

  4. #4Diesel Dave2025-02-22 18:58

    From here the lower hose fitting doesn’t look too crazy. Looks like a medium drop 90 deg female swivel. Based on the oring used , the female 90 deg swivel is -12 flat face. .

  5. #5CM19952025-02-22 19:01

    Thanks for that advice. Never thought of that but I'm no mechanic either.

  6. #6funwithfuel2025-02-22 19:03

    With the image Diesel Dave supplied. It looks like that hose is a snubber hose.it acts like an accumulator to soften pulses from pump output. On Volvo and Komatsu, I say use OEM. I'd suggest the same here, but it looks like a regular hose, deadheaded into a cap. Even the parts page shows it that way. Odd.

  7. #7southernman132025-02-22 19:28

    I’ve seen that in our pc200 where it deadheaded to the firewall. So does that mean it would only have oil in it under pressure? Thanks for the info and compressor idea!

  8. #8funwithfuel2025-02-22 19:52

    There's always leakage for cooling and lubrication. You only have the rotating assembly stopping oil flow when that hose is open. As long as you have a pan there, shouldn't loose any more than the oil between the pump and the control valve. Negative pressure on the tank minimizes loss. Good luck

  9. #9southernman132025-02-22 23:17

    Tenfo thanks. Not worried about loosing some oil just not steady pour lol. Looks like a straight forward swap shouldn’t be bad!

  10. #10Coaldust2025-02-23 00:05

    I’ve never had any luck having those frame oiler hoses made. I try and purchase them from the dealer. Especially Komatsu. They are under much abuse routed directly off the pump like that. But, your mileage may vary.

  11. #11Shimmy12025-02-23 01:09

    You make me wonder. Should I add it to the "preventative maintenance" schedule? I've never replaced one, but it seems right to replace them, and save the old one as a spare?

  12. #12Coaldust2025-02-23 01:30

    That’s something to consider. 5000 hrs puts the hose in the danger zone. When they go, it empties a reservoir in seconds.

  13. #13Shimmy12025-02-23 02:23

    Our 210C has over 6000......

  14. #14southernman132025-02-23 05:11

    This one has 8700 lol. It’s time I reckon hehe yeah I was gonna call Deere they’re less than an hour away.

  15. #15southernman132025-02-23 06:59

    Thanks for the pic diesel Dave! Can u send the part of the page that has the part number for the hose!

  16. #16mg23612025-02-23 07:10

    I noticed there is a serial number break for the attenuator hose parts page, but there is no listing for your serial number. The attenuator hoses should be the same, however.

  17. #17southernman132025-02-23 07:20

    Thank you MG!

  18. #18funwithfuel2025-02-23 07:49

    The 700 I'm currently doing a repower on has 18k on most original pieces except the danged dipper cylinder.

  19. #19southernman132025-02-23 11:10

    They can go a while if taken care of fosho! That’s a big Azz machine!