Welcome to HEF Dans210 ! Does the red stop light flash as soon as the machine is started, or only after you try to release the park brake? Are there other lights on when it is flashing? Maybe make a YouTube video of the issue and post it. That red stop light only flashes for oil pressure, overheat, and park brake issues IIRC. If it is park brake related, then the transmission is disabled.
Thank you Im glad to be here. The machine alarms seconds after its started and before and after the parking brake is released. There are no other lights on. If i cycle the parking brake the machibe moves but stops moving under power. I believe its a parking brake issue but need help to troubleshoot. Tha ks for the help.
There should be. Does the park brake light work? Do all the bulbs light up at bulb check (keying on)? Release the park brake. Put the machine in first gear forward. Firmly press and hold the brakes. Go to full throttle. Will the machine drive through the brakes, or does the machine not move? Lower the rpm's and release the brakes after the test. Does the machine move? Transmission oil level good?
The machine does not move through the brakes and the trans fluid is clean and full
If it will move after removing your foot from the brake pedal, then transmission pressure tests would be the next step. Your serial number indicates you have a 4 speed shifter on the floor, is that correct? If so, that eliminates the timer relay since a sychro-shuttle machine does not use one. Do you have access to a tachometer to read engine rpm? I still do not think your alarm is related to the transmission issue, but it still needs to be addressed. If you turn the key to a point halfway between ON and START, do all the indicator bulbs light up?
My machine does have a floor shifter. After releasing the brake it does not creep but moves with throttle. I do have a hand held tach. Yes all lights are working. While inspecting the harness fuses and relays I unplugged the ECU and after pluging it back in the alarm has stopped. The machine appears to have been excessively pressure washed prior to auction could it have been just a bad connection? Do i need to check the trans pressures? I can still check the engine speed if needed.
Yep, or moisture from washing. With the tach, I would perform a torque converter stall test. Warm up the transmission and engine. Record your fast idle rpm. Then in 3rd speed forward, foot firmly on the brake, fast idle to stall the converter. Post results. Yep. Do you have gauges?
I will do the stall test on Monday. I do not have gauges but I know a guy lol I really appreiate the help I was getting a little frustrated. Thank you so much. I will post stall results monday and contact my diesel mechanic for pressure tests